Sirius XM subscription

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
We use XM/Sirius to listen to college football games since we are out of market. I have also used it for NFL games as someone else mentioned. My biggest gripe is with the music channels - they never sound as good as FM radio. I am not an audiophile, but the difference does bother me. And there's no way I'd spend $20/month for this service. We renewed my wife's Lexus for $50 for 6 months and get almost everything. That is due to expire next month, so I need to call back. I'm not sure on my Civic. One car with online listening seems enough.
I think with Sirius, the compression is much higher, which is why it doesn't sound as good as FM. Do you have 'neural' turned on? If yes, try turning it off for Sirius. It makes FM sound better, but doesn't do a good job on the highly compressed Sirius feed.
Sponsored

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
I think with Sirius, the compression is much higher, which is why it doesn't sound as good as FM. Do you have 'neural' turned on? If yes, try turning it off for Sirius. It makes FM sound better, but doesn't do a good job on the highly compressed Sirius feed.
I'll give that a try.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I thought I saw that they do have like a "basic" service for about $11/mo. It's music only.

https://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpop...EW_Subscriptions_SubscribeNow_ComparePackages

Then they have an "a la carte" plan which you can pick 50 stations of your choice for $9/mo.

https://www.siriusxm.com/packages/alacartechoices

Thanks I'll look into it. Do you use either of these ? There;s really only one channel that I listen to and not very often so I'm inclined not to do it, but I'll think about it

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks I'll look into it. Do you use either of these ? There;s really only one channel that I listen to and not very often so I'm inclined not to do it, but I'll think about it
Like I posted earlier, I have the select plan which they offered me for $99/yr. I get 140+ channels plus a bunch of other channels (which I won't likely click on) and for the cost breakdown it seemed like the best deal I could get.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Like I posted earlier, I have the select plan which they offered me for $99/yr. I get 140+ channels plus a bunch of other channels (which I won't likely click on) and for the cost breakdown it seemed like the best deal I could get.
What a shit deal, I just got off the phone for renewal here in Canada and got 6 months of SXM Select for $35.90 CAD after taxes and royalty fees. So even though I don't have Howard Stern or internet streaming, it still beats $99 a year.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I got the same deal. Couldn't bother pressing them for something better. A nice dinner costs more than that.
Sponsored