Sirius XM subscription

rjvanro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra 483 K and goin strong!
ive literally only ever paid 60 dollars a year for Sirius in my old Toyota venza. literally would call back at the end of 6 months and renew it. that's for the basic packages which is only music. I know they offer 6 months for 50 dollars for full access as ive been emailed and mailed that offer. I don't listen to howard or sports games so to me its a waste of 20 dollars.
I also had the entire year offered for around $50 (but this was two years ago) it only happened after receiving a few offers in the mail that kept on decreasing in price ... but I learned that if you push for the top level of "customer care" you'll get a great deal. If you don't like satellite radio (cuz some dipstick is gonna comment about those of us who do) then you don't need to order it and go read another thread.
Sponsored

kchigh5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2k17 civic sedan
Honestly thought Sirius xm came with the car...trial ran out today and it's stuck on a promo channel so I called in and they offered me 20 a month

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Honestly thought Sirius xm came with the car...trial ran out today and it's stuck on a promo channel so I called in and they offered me 20 a month
Thats ridiculous. Go to the website they will have an offer for you.

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
call back and talk to another agent. I'm sure they get paid commission for resigning users.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
$20 per month? My Apple Music only $4.98 per month with student discount.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I've been paying $30-for-6 months for years. Before that, I paid $77-for-12 months for years. I honestly don't remember ever paying full price for SiriusXM nor would I at this point. Only one time over all these years did they actually let me disconnect without offering heavily discounted service after threatening to cancel and declining all their "special offers". Weeks later, I got a $30-for-6 "come back" offer in the mail and reactivated. Each time it expires, I call and say that I'd like to renew, but only if I can get the $30-for-6 rate. I usually have to work my way through 2 or 3 agents over 10-15 minutes, but it always works.

IMPORTANT: Never give them a personal/business check OR a credit/debit card - they'll store the information and auto-renew at full price. Instead, tell them to send you an invoice then go get a cashier's check or money order for that amount (I get free cashier's checks at my bank). They'll try and charge a $2 "invoice fee", but refuse to pay it. They'll place you on hold for a few minutes then come back and tell you they've been authorized to credit you for the invoice fee as a "one-time courtesy". I've received that "one-time courtesy" a dozen times over the years.

eneg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w NAV
Country flag
I've been paying $30-for-6 months for years. Before that, I paid $77-for-12 months for years. I honestly don't remember ever paying full price for SiriusXM nor would I at this point. Only one time over all these years did they actually let me disconnect without offering heavily discounted service after threatening to cancel and declining all their "special offers". Weeks later, I got a $30-for-6 "come back" offer in the mail and reactivated. Each time it expires, I call and say that I'd like to renew, but only if I can get the $30-for-6 rate. I usually have to work my way through 2 or 3 agents over 10-15 minutes, but it always works.

IMPORTANT: Never give them a personal/business check OR a credit/debit card - they'll store the information and auto-renew at full price. Instead, tell them to send you an invoice then go get a cashier's check or money order for that amount (I get free cashier's checks at my bank). They'll try and charge a $2 "invoice fee", but refuse to pay it. They'll place you on hold for a few minutes then come back and tell you they've been authorized to credit you for the invoice fee as a "one-time courtesy". I've received that "one-time courtesy" a dozen times over the years.
All fine and dandy, but you didn't mention which plan that you have. Sounds to me like the "Select" plan. . .

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
All fine and dandy, but you didn't mention which plan that you have. Sounds to me like the "Select" plan. . .
I do indeed have the Select plan which is normally $15.99 per month ($95.94-for-6) plus fees and taxes. I've been paying ~$36-for-6 which equals ~$6 per month including the music royalty fee and taxes, which is about one-third the normal price. The Select plan (which is one slot below their All Access plan) does not have Howard Stern, NFL, or NASCAR - three stations I would never listen to even if they were free.

http://www.siriusxm.com/packages/sxmselect

Honda Civic 10th gen Sirius XM subscription Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 20.54.29

Honda Civic 10th gen Sirius XM subscription Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 20.54.51

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I just renewed for their five month special of $25 plus bs fees. Worked out to $31.xx If you want, the best way to keep a credit card on file is to get a virtual number. I believe Citibank is one of the few banks that offers this service. You set the amount and then you can cancel the card online. Sirius then can not auto renew.

eneg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w NAV
Country flag
Siriius is full of it. You know what will happen if I don't respond to this letter? I'll get another one next week.
They also called us a few times and the only way to stop them from calling is to tell them that we don't have the car anymore.

I have had Sirius in the past and may even renew now. I don't know yet. We go for the full access plan. $50 for 6 months. Comes to about $60
with all of their fees and taxes. I have tried to get it for a year and they wanted about $110 (before taxes & fees.) Smart business plan, eh?
We have renewed our plan in the past. Always for $50. Nobody should pay what they ask. . .
Honda Civic 10th gen Sirius XM subscription upload_2017-4-25_23-56-12

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just this past week, I called to cancel my monthly service (~$19/mo.) and the rep offered me $99/yr. to stay. I took the offer. Apparently it's pretty common deal.

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
We use XM/Sirius to listen to college football games since we are out of market. I have also used it for NFL games as someone else mentioned. My biggest gripe is with the music channels - they never sound as good as FM radio. I am not an audiophile, but the difference does bother me. And there's no way I'd spend $20/month for this service. We renewed my wife's Lexus for $50 for 6 months and get almost everything. That is due to expire next month, so I need to call back. I'm not sure on my Civic. One car with online listening seems enough.
Sponsored