Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
Been through my 3-month trial, and my 6-month package expires tomorrow.

I've heard of people getting packages at a greater discount if the threaten to cancel or something like that, anyone have any tips or techniques to get the price down? $16/month is steep for what it offers and doesn't feel like a value.
Sponsored

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Just a dude from Atlanta.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
IF you follow your email from where you get your updates from Honda, or check the letters they send you in the mail, they will offer you a discounted rate the closer to your trial end date. Their final offer for me was $29 for 3 months or $99 for 12 months. I would wait for those, or wait for your trial to become inactive before you call. I did that and got the 12 months locked in for less than what 6 months typically goes for. then, let the subscription run up until month 11, (don't forget about it) and call into cancel, they will offer you a discount to stay with them. ( did this with my fusion that I traded in for my civic coupe)

OP
OP
Billy4202

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
IF you follow your email from where you get your updates from Honda, or check the letters they send you in the mail, they will offer you a discounted rate the closer to your trial end date. Their final offer for me was $29 for 3 months or $99 for 12 months. I would wait for those, or wait for your trial to become inactive before you call. I did that and got the 12 months locked in for less than what 6 months typically goes for. then, let the subscription run up until month 11, (don't forget about it) and call into cancel, they will offer you a discount to stay with them. ( did this with my fusion that I traded in for my civic coupe)
Yeah, my trial period ended back in March, got 6 months for $36. I'll give the cancellation call a shot - thanks!

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's the quality with a built-in Sirius radio? I got a bolt-on unit for my car and the audio sounds bad + compressed most of the time.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
How's the quality with a built-in Sirius radio? I got a bolt-on unit for my car and the audio sounds bad + compressed most of the time.
Sounds better than FM. But we have the Touring model with the premium sound

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I wish you could get the A La Carte package with our radio :(... I would literally pay for just 1 station. But I don't want to pay high monthly fees to justify 1 station. Lame.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ehh, in Canada I paid the $36 for the select package which is the base one and for some reason Howard Stern still works.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, my trial period ended back in March, got 6 months for $36. I'll give the cancellation call a shot - thanks!
If you're already getting 6 months for $36, just tell them you want to renew at that rate or you will cancel. They shouldn't put up much of a fight. My mom gets the basic package, 5 months for $25 regularly following that procedure.

OP
OP
Billy4202

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're already getting 6 months for $36, just tell them you want to renew at that rate or you will cancel. They shouldn't put up much of a fight. My mom gets the basic package, 5 months for $25 regularly following that procedure.
I'll try giving this a shot, too. Fingers crossed.

If you cancel, then wait about a month or so, they'll start sending you offers for like $25 for 5-6 months or so. That's the way they did us before. My mother got an offer for a whole year for $60. She travels alot, so she got it.
I like my variety - dunno if I could go a month without lol :) Using Android Auto + streaming music on my phone at work chews up a good amount of data, and there are very few desirable FM stations here. I'm lucky if I catch a few minutes of a DC station on the way to work...
Sponsored