chasej

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX (canadian)
Country flag
aside from this https://www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-026/ can i install the regular sirius xm? I know that the 2016 doesn't have an aux port so i don't know how i would add sirius without it. I defiantly don't want to go with a fm transmitter they suck lol. If anyone could help that would be great.
Sponsored

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
Does the radio have a 3.5mm, usb, or Bluetooth?

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Chase, your EX didn't come with Satellite? I thought all above the LX level in Canada did. If you honestly don't have it, I have to absolutely recommend the Vais setup. I have an LX, with I believe the same head unit you do. It is easy to install, and frankly the USB connection sounds so incredible. I had an aux setup in my prior car, and the sound comparison with this is night and day. Better than FM sound and so noticeablly too. The one drawback with the enhanced factory head unit on your car is I haven't yet been able to figure out how to store presets. Not a big deal as all of my channels are close. The other thing to be aware of is the Sirius XM tuner you get with it. If you had a Sirius only unit before you may not get the same channels without paying more. If you have any questions further on it ping me. HIGHLY recommended setup for those not with Satellite.

OP
OP

chasej

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX (canadian)
Country flag
Chase, your EX didn't come with Satellite? I thought all above the LX level in Canada did. If you honestly don't have it, I have to absolutely recommend the Vais setup. I have an LX, with I believe the same head unit you do. It is easy to install, and frankly the USB connection sounds so incredible. I had an aux setup in my prior car, and the sound comparison with this is night and day. Better than FM sound and so noticeablly too. The one drawback with the enhanced factory head unit on your car is I haven't yet been able to figure out how to store presets. Not a big deal as all of my channels are close. The other thing to be aware of is the Sirius XM tuner you get with it. If you had a Sirius only unit before you may not get the same channels without paying more. If you have any questions further on it ping me. HIGHLY recommended setup for those not with Satellite.
There is 2 types one with the tuner and 1 with out. What one should i get?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
If you have unlimited data on your phone (or pay for a large amount of data) just subscribe to the SiriusXM app and just use the bluetooth from your phone to the Civic's radio. I do that it it has worked out great. The app has a lot more options than a stand alone radio.

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
There is 2 types one with the tuner and 1 with out. What one should i get?
If you don't already have a tuner, you will need to get it with your kit. These work with the Sirius XM tuner, so be sure to check the SiriusXM website to see if you have the same channel entitlement. I've heard the bluetooth options also on these and frankly, the VAIS kit is the way to go if you love your satellite radio. I do. The sound is worth it for itself.
Sponsored