Sirius/XM Antenna Problems?

danmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 CR-V EX, '17 Civic Touring, '14 Ford Explorer
Country flag
In the first 1000 miles of driving our 2017 Civic Touring, the satellite radio has dropped out probably 100 times. On a 5-10 mile drive it is not uncommon to have little drop outs at least once. We have even gotten the "check antenna" message on the display. Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer said "we drove it for 12 miles and it only happened once, that is normal and no different from any of the other cars on the lot".

This is on roads well away from tall buildings, mountains, tunnels, underpasses, or parking decks. In contrast our 2014 Ford never cuts out. The aftermarket sirius radio I've had in my '98 CR-V for the past 8+ years never cuts out either.

Is Honda really that bad or is the dealer just trying to jerk us around?

Thanks
-Dan
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I get a drop every once in a while but not nearly that much. And I've never seen mine say "check antenna" before.

There's one spot near my work where I go under some trees that it often drops that my aftermarket one in my other car doesn't.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My new Civic does seem to drop out more than my old one. I'm sure the dealer is right that it's not any different from the rest of the cars on the lot. I liked the old stick antenna on my 2007 Civic better than the fin antenna. However, if you get the Check Antenna message again, I would still complain about it.
Sponsored