SiriMoto strut bar not fitting my 17 Si coupe?

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Title says it all, had it on my 17 HB Sport and installed it on my 17 Si coupe yesterday and had to remove it. It went on OK but hit the underside of the hood enough that to close it I had to push it down hard or drop it from a much higher height that normal. Is something different on the coupe or Si? I've read that some others have had this problem, TIA for any help besides selling it....LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Grea
I know after an initial run of the strut bars, they had to redo them and make a slight modification so that there wasn't any rubbing against the hood, or touching of the cables that would cause them to burn. They also had a run where the mounting brackets were milled incorrectly, so could be a couple of things.
Great.....lol

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Yup, but need to sell this one now but only for a sports hatchback I guess
You could sell it here I think in the forums. Plenty of sport hatch owners willing to buy if you cut them a deal.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Hey @hawk02, you shouldn't be having this issue. It is possible the bar is defective. It should have enough hood clearance on all the new Civic models. We'll replace it for free if needed. Can you please send some pictures showing the problem to [email protected]? Also please include your Order # or full name. Thank you.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey @hawk02, you shouldn't be having this issue. It is possible the bar is defective. It should have enough hood clearance on all the new Civic models. We'll replace it for free if needed. Can you please send some pictures showing the problem to [email protected]? Also please include your Order # or full name. Thank you.
My issue is that it seems the bar is not long enough because I cant get the holes to line up

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My issue is that it seems the bar is not long enough because I cant get the holes to line up
I had the same issue when I bought the Sirimoto. It's not the bar actually. It's the red brackets. Some of them seem to have slots that are cut too small and they don't adjust properly.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/sirimoto-front-strut-bar-pre-order.8379/page-5#post-295887

Contact ProCivic and they'll send you replacement bracket(s). They have excellent customer service.

OP
OP
hawk02

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I don't have ay pictures as I've already removed it and have no idea on my order number....I do have the shipping label and original box......looks like order#299769 if that makes any sense shipment#4172 box# 4269????????? It also rubbed on my HB Sport but just the insulation a bit, this Si coupe was a lot worse, sit way too high

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I don't have ay pictures as I've already removed it and have no idea on my order number....I do have the shipping label and original box......looks like order#299769 if that makes any sense shipment#4172 box# 4269????????? It also rubbed on my HB Sport but just the insulation a bit, this Si coupe was a lot worse, sit way too high
If you don't have any pictures, that's ok. Just send the email to start the process and we'll take care of you.