Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I'm really excited to let everyone know that we now have In Stock a short throw shifter for all 2016+ manual transmission Civics! This SiriMoto Short Throw Shifter is an adapter style design that installs onto the end of your factory shift lever. It results in an amazing 33% decrease in shift "throw"! Some of you may be wondering what exactly shift "throw" means, so I'll explain: Shift throw is simply the total distance you need to move your shift knob to switch gears, that's it! The 33% decrease applies to all gear changes too, not just 1st to 2nd. Having a shorter shift throw makes driving more enjoyable and your shifts faster as well.

Works on both turbo and non-turbo 10th Gen Civic models.

Key Benefits:
  • 33% reduction in shift throw!
  • Adapter kit allows for an easy install - Video installation instructions available (will be posted on our YouTube channel soon).
  • Optimal specs designed to adjust fore and aft travel.
  • Includes MIL-Spec thread-locker for permanent installations.
  • Knurled-end set-screws to prevent loosening, even when installing without thread-locker.
  • Covered by a 1 Year Limited Warranty.
  • CNC machined from high quality 301 stainless steel.
  • Can be ordered with an optional Ball-End replacement bushing, which is precision machined from acetal and replaces your factory bushing for a more solid shift feel.

Link for product details with an animation, and to order: http://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...040/index.html

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Short Throw Shifter SM-HC12-Shrot%20Shifter%20Default2_LRG

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Short Throw Shifter SM-HC12-Shrot%20Shifter%20Default2_LRG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We just released a full, detailed install video on the "Enhanced" version of this short shifter which includes the shifter base bushings. The clutch line is optional and not installed on this video (I do recommend getting it though for an improved clutch feel).

You can get the SiriMoto Krispy Shift Kit (Enhanced Short Shifter Solution) here: http://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-krispy-shift-kit.html

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed mine tonight. Disassembly was going spectacular until I tried to remove the shifter cables from the shift tower. I could not get them off and was worried I'd break the plastic shift tower. I called ProCivic and the guy that answered admitted he did not have knowledge in that area and recommended I called email their techs. I explained that I had the car in pieces and was worried if I emailed I would not hear back this evening. I convinced him to try to find someone for me to talk to. After a few minutes on hold he returned and said everyone was busy but that an email would probably be answered first thing in the morning. After receiving no real help I tried for a bit longer and then decided to try to do the job with the cables still attached. It ended up not being that bad to work with while still partially attached to the car. The "ball end bushing" was a very tight fit and very difficult to snap into the shift cable end, however that is probably what makes it work well once it is in there.

In the end, the product seems to work as advertised but the install was a bit of a pain. That is the nature of DIY auto repair/modification I suppose, no regrets. I've not driven the car yet so I can't comment much further than that.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear you had some issues with installing this part. We were short staffed yesterday and the tech that could have helped you with this specific issue was out. The plastic shift assembly (tower) if pretty strong and most likely would have not broken, but I'm glad that you were able to do the install with the cables attached.

This is not the easiest part to install, but the benefits are huge in terms of shifting feel.

Let us know what your impression is when you get a chance to drive your car again.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear you had some issues with installing this part. We were short staffed yesterday and the tech that could have helped you with this specific issue was out. The plastic shift assembly (tower) if pretty strong and most likely would have not broken, but I'm glad that you were able to do the install with the cables attached.

This is not the easiest part to install, but the benefits are huge in terms of shifting feel.

Let us know what your impression is when you get a chance to drive your car again.
Just to clarify, should they just "pop out" of the tower when pulled the direction of the visible opening? I pushed, pulled, and pryed (even with a large flathead screwdriver) with no success.

I've driven about 20 miles with it so far and have it enjoyed it. I paired the short shift adapter with a set of base bushings and the results are as expected: a firmer, crisper, and shorter shift. More effort is required to engage the shifter now however it's nothing extreme and I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly. No more "sponginess". Glad I did it.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After you release the lock, you need to twist the cable collar counter-clockwise until it stops, then pull the cable up through the visible opening. It is a bit tricky I guess. The reason of course is that Honda wanted to make it very secure so it doesn't come lose on accident.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After you release the lock, you need to twist the cable collar counter-clockwise until it stops, then pull the cable up through the visible opening. It is a bit tricky I guess. The reason of course is that Honda wanted to make it very secure so it doesn't come lose on accident.
How do you "release the lock"?

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys have pick up option available? I don't wanna pay shipping if I'm only 10 mins away..

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you guys have pick up option available? I don't wanna pay shipping if I'm only 10 mins away..
Unfortunately, we're not setup for warehouse pickups. Since we're in Ventura, I think it would take you quite a bit longer than 10min to drive here anyway.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Haha sooo.. went into second gear and heard a pop. Then the shifter when limp. Couldn't Shift anymore, so I pulled into the nearest parking lot. Pulled apart enough to see what was going on.

The short throw adapter fell off the Stock ball. So the cable was now detached. AAA toed it home and I went over the install instructions again and the shipping package. My dumb a** didn't use the included red lock "glu"

So fwy tighten it nice and good and use the red stuff haha.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha sooo.. went into second gear and heard a pop. Then the shifter when limp. Couldn't Shift anymore, so I pulled into the nearest parking lot. Pulled apart enough to see what was going on.

The short throw adapter fell off the Stock ball. So the cable was now detached. AAA toed it home and I went over the install instructions again and the shipping package. My dumb a** didn't use the included red lock "glu"

So fwy tighten it nice and good and use the red stuff haha.
Dang... lesson learned.