SiriMoto Oil Cooler Kit for the Type R

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
There are a number of functional differences, but 2 that I would want to touch on are: 1. Our SiriMoto kit does not interfere with the brake ducts, where as the Mishimoto kit does force you to remove one and might impede air flow to your brakes/hub assembly; 2. Our kit provides you 3x 1/8" NPT Ports, which are clear of obstruction. From our understanding, the ports on the Mishimoto kit are obstructed by other components, so installing a pressure or temperature sensor can be tricky.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

teemmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI
Country flag
From what they're telling me, the initial pictures didn't come out too well, and the bumper was not on, so they wanted to retake them. Here are some of the "B-roll" pics.

CTR (1).jpg

CTR (2).jpg

CTR (3).jpg

Curious about this last photo - did they not decide to mount it to the front crash bar? Seems like it’s suspended by the top nuts, also looks like their aren’t any rubber isolators to protect from vibration. Is it safe and effective to run without the bottom mounting brackets? Thanks

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
Curious about this last photo - did they not decide to mount it to the front crash bar? Seems like it’s suspended by the top nuts, also looks like their aren’t any rubber isolators to protect from vibration. Is it safe and effective to run without the bottom mounting brackets? Thanks
The cooler was not mounted to the bumper beam in that picture only because these pictures were taken during development for reference purposes. Vibration has not been a problem though, as the brackets have just a bit of give and we spent a lot of time at the track to ensure no issues would come up. To this day, our daily driven shop car has been using the kit without issue.

As for mounting the oil cooler core without the lower brackets, it is not something we would necessarily recommend but might be possible. It will certainly hold the weight, but my concern would be that you would fatigue the metal of the upper core bracket and the bumper support, which might cause it to fail without the added support from the lower brackets.

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just curious after watching the video on installation - why wouldn't you - when you change oil going forward, after adding the oil cooler, need to add more oil than standard due to the increased volume?

If you add an oil cooler should you anticipate adding 6.25 quarts per oil change instead of 5.75?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Just curious after watching the video on installation - why wouldn't you - when you change oil going forward, after adding the oil cooler, need to add more oil than standard due to the increased volume?

If you add an oil cooler should you anticipate adding 6.25 quarts per oil change instead of 5.75?
You do need to add a bit more oil during each change. I believe it is about 3/4 to 1 quart more than usual.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
The cooler was not mounted to the bumper beam in that picture only because these pictures were taken during development for reference purposes. Vibration has not been a problem though, as the brackets have just a bit of give and we spent a lot of time at the track to ensure no issues would come up. To this day, our daily driven shop car has been using the kit without issue.

As for mounting the oil cooler core without the lower brackets, it is not something we would necessarily recommend but might be possible.
I saw instructions online that say not to use the lower mounting brackets that go into the crash bar because it could cause a larger issue in the event of a collision with the front of your vehicle.

can you give some feedback on this?

teemmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI
Country flag
I saw instructions online that say not to use the lower mounting brackets that go into the crash bar because it could cause a larger issue in the event of a collision with the front of your vehicle.

can you give some feedback on this?
i find it hard to imagine that this would actually be an issue. A couple of small mounting holes aren’t going to make a significant difference if you’re in a big enough accident to wreck your front crash bar

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
i find it hard to imagine that this would actually be an issue. A couple of small mounting holes aren’t going to make a significant difference if you’re in a big enough accident to wreck your front crash bar
here is the explanation

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Oil Cooler Kit for the Type R 3013901C-6410-44ED-8E6E-821FE3B6B672

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
I have the Mishimoto oil cooler fitted on my CTR and have had no issue with brake cooling on that side. Had a good chat with Aston D Martin on this topic: In order for me to achieve this, I have removed the fog light and use that to duct additional air from there, the brake duct and the side vent into over the oil cooler. I have also perforated the wheel liner to allow warm air that passes through the oil cooler in the wheel arch. After some "spirited" driving on some country roads (heavy braking for corners!), stopped and checked the temps of the discs on both sides - both sides were equal in temps with a couple of degrees.
The only issue with this particular set up is that people still want their fog lights in place, where for me - never use em - don't need em mentality applies.
Personally, I like to allow as much cold air feeding across that radiator as possible without additional restrictions.

This looks an alternative solution if you wish to keep your fog lights etc in place

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Keep in mind if your combine the Siri oil cooler with the mesh grille (https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/pro-design-honeycomb-performance-mesh-grille.html), you get the best of both worlds...more air for the radiator and the oil cooler!

From what we've seen though, the radiator temps are not nearly as much of an issue compared to the oil temps in causing the car to go into limp (reduced power) mode. It's the oil that gets too hot because it has no way to cool down other than transfer heat to the engine / coolant.
Sponsored

Last edited: