SiriMoto Front Strut Bar for All 10th Gen Civics

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Mine does not flex like that at all, the whole car moves when I try that.....should not have to use washers but that may be why it's not as secure as it should be, this is a great product so far.......
Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wow, that video is shocking. I've had strut bars on a number of cars (solid one piece design) and couldn't flex them no matter how hard I tried. Thanks for posting that. I wish someone would make a better strut bar for our cars.

Btw, are you sure you tightened the bolts that hold the bar to the brackets?
Yes I did, followed the DIY tutorial on youtube. All done using torque wrench.

Another issue is that in Reverse engine vibration is noticeable due to that little bump touching the bar, basically bar sits on it. I put 3 washers total and vibrations are gone. Have to send their product back, since clearly it wasn't designed for 2.0. in D it is completely fine, in R car shakes and vibrates. Removed both D and R is fine. 3 washers both D in R is fine. But using that many washers just to fit the bar... not acceptable.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I did, followed the DIY tutorial on youtube. All done using torque wrench.

Another issue is that in Reverse engine vibration is noticeable due to that little bump touching the bar, basically bar sits on it. I put 3 washers total and vibrations are gone. Have to send their product back, since clearly it wasn't designed for 2.0. in D it is completely fine, in R car shakes and vibrates. Removed both D and R is fine. 3 washers both D in R is fine. But using that many washers just to fit the bar... not acceptable.
Between not having proper clearance in the 2.0 and the hood liner rub in the turbos, this bar seems to be a little off in the tolerance department. And being able to flex with just thumb pressure is unbelievable. I guess I'll be looking into getting the Tanabe Sustec one. Better yet, hopefully someone comes along and makes a solid one piece bar.

Good strut bars should be more than just bling. One piece bars really do tighten up the front end and make steering a little more accurate. I had a solid bar on one of my cars from a company called Road Race Motorsports that was so sturdy you could put it on the ground, jump on it and it didn't budge.

This Sirimoto bar looks awesome but that flex is a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
installed washers. clearly this bar wasn't tested on 2.0 otherwise civicpro would've know about the issue, poor 2.0s :(
Photo_Sep_02.jpg

and I don't think this is stiff enough.... with one finger I was able to push it down

maybe im doing something wrong?
Wow, that's some crazy flex, which was my main concerns a few posts up. Good thing I didn't get one.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Wow, that video is shocking. I've had strut bars on a number of cars (solid one piece design) and couldn't flex them no matter how hard I tried. Thanks for posting that. I wish someone would make a better strut bar for our cars.

There should be a very small amount of flex, but not that much when pushing with fingers. I just confirmed on both our 10th gens. This is not the best way to compare something though, since our pressing strength might vary quite a bit. I would just re-tighten the bolts if you haven't already.

In general, with the design of this style of strut bar, it will get progressively much harder to flex the more it moves down. Just because it flexes initially does not mean it doesn't absorb any compression forces that will occur during cornering.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Between not having proper clearance in the 2.0 and the hood liner rub in the turbos, this bar seems to be a little off in the tolerance department. And being able to flex with just thumb pressure is unbelievable. I guess I'll be looking into getting the Tanabe Sustec one. Better yet, hopefully someone comes along and makes a solid one piece bar.

Good strut bars should be more than just bling. One piece bars really do tighten up the front end and make steering a little more accurate. I had a solid bar on one of my cars from a company called Road Race Motorsports that was so sturdy you could put it on the ground, jump on it and it didn't budge.

This Sirimoto bar looks awesome but that flex is a deal breaker.
I would try actually finding someone with the bar installed and taking a look at it first hand. It really has minimal flex for this style of strut bar.

In terms of the clearance on the 2.0L engines, I'm going to see what can be done to improve the situation. Washers will fix the issue, but we don't include them as of right now, even though we do notate the slight fitment issue on the website.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply ProCivic. I was ready to buy your bar until I saw the video posted here yesterday.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply ProCivic. I was ready to buy your bar until I saw the video posted here yesterday.
Keep in mind you have an EXL model with a 1.5T motor...you won't experience the issue with the bar hitting the plastic engine cover. As far as the stiffness of the bar, if you felt it in person, you would not have the same impression the video gives. It barely budges, at least on all the examples we have installed here.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I have one of these on my 17 Sport HB and it is rock solid, now if I get on it with 2 hands it will b
flex a bit but not like that video, if you use washers like the video it will not be as solid as it should be so there will be more flex.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, so we do have some solutions for anyone who has a 2.0L non-turbo motor and bought this strut bar. Please PM me with your Order # if you are in that group and are not satisfied with the bar. Thank you!

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Yea all mine weren't

mine is very tight and very little flex.I also torqued the brackets to required torque then fit the bar on last.I had to pull the bar to get the bolts through.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Yea all mine weren't

mine is very tight and very little flex.I also torqued the brackets to required torque then fit the bar on last.I had to pull the bar to get the bolts through.
Same here and no issues.

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Again, not trying to either defend or attack this bar.. you just can't draw conclusions from this type of vertical flex test.

Subaru even made a strut tower brace with a ball joint in the middle to intentionally allow flex. The idea probably being the bar works the same in tension (conering) but allows some flex over bumps (compression). Cornering loads tends to pull the strut towers apart, not push them together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, after much deliberation, we decided to officially "unlist" the 2.0L non-turbo engines for this part. The reason is that some customers are getting confused about what type of washers to purchase, or how many to use. In the future, we might end up including specialized washers, but for now we have changed the listing. Anyone with a 2.0L non-turbo engine is still welcome to purchase the strut bar, but you just have to realize that it will touch the factory plastic engine cover unless washers are used (or the engine cover is removed).