First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, Dodge Truck
Country flag
Good Evening Team,

Today I installed the Flex fuel kit on my FK8... This install is a 7 out of 10 on the hard side. If you are afraid of gas this is not your install. Everything came boxed up nicely. The instructions were great! In a lamented folder even!

It took me about 4 hours from start to finish. The hardest part for me was getting the plugs thru the Rubber on the firewall. I didn't want to cut a big hole. ADVICE!! Loop the cable, Push the cable thru then push the plug once you got the cable on the other side.
The other bad part is it DOESNT work with a Mishimoto catch can. I had to take off the bracket that protected the fuel line(Black bracket with 2 10mm bolts) I used Sirimoto bracket on the top bolt and ditched the Black bracket.

Under the car just take the Metal plate off.... You don't need to take the front black plate off to reach the Radiator temp sensor. Driver side, by the Cold side Innercooler piping.

Just upload the Hondata tune and you are good to go!! No codes yet! I have not gotten any E85 yet ether.

ANY QUESTIONS ASK I WILL HELP!!

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Flexfuel Kit Install IMG_8741

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Flexfuel Kit Install IMG_8739

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto Flexfuel Kit Install IMG_8738

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Great job, that was quite some time. I go flex and back in 15-30min. Mine does everything through rear o2 connection. Reaching o2 is the hardest part of job because of location and you reach from underneath. The rest is easy and done from above in minutes. Fuel quick connectors no? 7/10? Perhaps because of having a catch can/aos issue?

Are you guys not able to display content on your dash or somewhere else through Hondadata?

I am wondering because i see an innovate gauge. And the gauge wasnt part of the sirimoto kit was it?

Also, if you can afford it get protuned.

Last edited:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
I am reading more about it but pics i see show sirimoto fuel lines being a little different, possibly nylon w rubber over it. And quickconnectors are different too. Those are 5/16” quick connectors and i know because i used same ones on my wrx.

https://www.civicx.com/attachments/sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit_lrg-jpg.77559/

Then the link in that thread is to procivic and kit for 479$ which includes the gauge. I am about to read the instructions. Do you notice the difference in fuel lines and connectors compared to your square ones. Nothing wrong w them, im just saying they are different probably due to fuel line size differences 3/8” rubber v 5/16” nylon.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
took me about 2 hours to install and like 90 mins of that was me routing wires and taking breaks lol to make sure everything was cleanly installed.

I am reading more about it but pics i see show sirimoto fuel lines being a little different, possibly nylon w rubber over it. And quickconnectors are different too. Those are 5/16” quick connectors and i know because i used same ones on my wrx.

https://www.civicx.com/attachments/sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit_lrg-jpg.77559/

Then the link in that thread is to procivic and kit for 479$ which includes the gauge. I am about to read the instructions. Do you notice the difference in fuel lines and connectors compared to your square ones. Nothing wrong w them, im just saying they are different probably due to fuel line size differences 3/8” rubber v 5/16” nylon.
that kit is for the 1.5T and 2.0T one looks slightly different. I didn't notice any difference in fuel lines from stock to the ones provided with the sirimoto kit and the gauge comes with the kit. The wires from both the ECT2 and the ethanol sensor plugs into the gauge.

if you have hondahack you can display the ethanol content through the app on the headunit. That's why i tucked away the gauge. The kit like the PRL which just comes with the converter box instead of a gauge would've been better for me (not to mention, it takes power from the secondary o2 so no need to use an add-a-circuit) but it was not out when i bought it and still not out so. I also liked how only the ethanol sensor is visible in the bay and everything else can be tucked inside on the sirimoto.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Yea i built my own emulating cobbs kit for wrx which is like PRL. Mine takes 12v and sends eca content through rear o2 bung. I am building a prototype for civicx either 1.5t or 2.0t that plugs into rear o2 for power. Having a hard time finding connectors. This is wrx kit i use on my car.

0-EA9-B9-D7-A407-4040-BB16-4-D6-BD820-C7-DF.jpg

F32974-A2-2836-42-A7-BA74-D0-D647-F522-FE.jpg

I tucked mine out of site so its not obviously noticed like PRLs o Sirimoto.

Now I assume the wiring in that sirimoto pic on the far right is for powering the unit and connection into fusebox instead of o2.

Why would PRL have worked better for you, just connections? You’d still need the hack or gauge to display content no? It does same thing and sends signa through engine coolant temp no?

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yea i built my own emulating cobbs kit for wrx which is like PRL. Mine takes 12v and sends eca content through rear o2 bung. I am building a prototype for civicx either 1.5t or 2.0t that plugs into rear o2 for power. Having a hard time finding connectors. This is wrx kit i use on my car.

0-EA9-B9-D7-A407-4040-BB16-4-D6-BD820-C7-DF.jpg

F32974-A2-2836-42-A7-BA74-D0-D647-F522-FE.jpg

I assume the wiring in that pic on the far right is for powering the unit and connection into fusebox instead of o2.

Why would PRL have worked better for you, just connections? You’d still need the hack or gauge to display content no? It does same thing and sends signa through engine coolant temp no?
Just the lack of the gauge tbh. Just saves me the hassle cause i don't care for an actual gauge lol. I've already honda hacked the unit to display parameters so i don't really have a need for the gauge.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Are they displaying same content?

Another user in another thread is having issues with displaying two different values 4% apart with his sirimoto kit.

Could have left the gauge in engine compartment then, I know i would have. Lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Are they displaying same content?

Another user in another thread is having issues with displaying two different values 4% apart.
yeah that's me and another user. I'm assuming the innovate gauge is reading correctly because the value seems to be in line with "may contain up to 10% ethanol" from pump gas. The headunit might not be displaying the value correct because maybe the value is not calibrated correctly. Although, i did change the value for 0V to be 0% and 5V to be 100% so i'm not sure. I contacted hondata so i'll see when I hear back from them.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
yeah that's me and another user. I'm assuming the innovate gauge is reading correctly because the value seems to be in line with "may contain up to 10% ethanol" from pump gas. The headunit might not be displaying the value correct because maybe the value is not calibrated correctly. Although, i did change the value for 0V to be 0% and 5V to be 100% so i'm not sure. I contacted hondata so i'll see when I hear back from them.
LMAO.

That other user is me man. Im sorry i wasnt familiar with how the kit worked. I assumed it was like PRL and gauge was just for your display.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
Good Evening Team,

Today I installed the Flex fuel kit on my FK8... This install is a 7 out of 10 on the hard side. If you are afraid of gas this is not your install. Everything came boxed up nicely. The instructions were great! In a lamented folder even!

It took me about 4 hours from start to finish. The hardest part for me was getting the plugs thru the Rubber on the firewall. I didn't want to cut a big hole. ADVICE!! Loop the cable, Push the cable thru then push the plug once you got the cable on the other side.
The other bad part is it DOESNT work with a Mishimoto catch can. I had to take off the bracket that protected the fuel line(Black bracket with 2 10mm bolts) I used Sirimoto bracket on the top bolt and ditched the Black bracket.

Under the car just take the Metal plate off.... You don't need to take the front black plate off to reach the Radiator temp sensor. Driver side, by the Cold side Innercooler piping.

Just upload the Hondata tune and you are good to go!! No codes yet! I have not gotten any E85 yet ether.

ANY QUESTIONS ASK I WILL HELP!!

IMG_8741.jpg

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

I had to take off the front bumper because I had SiriMoto's oil cooler lines in the way of that sensor on the radiator. It was good practice, I had a vacation drive to the east coast and I wanted to see how the oil lines and connections were holding up. After a FUBAR in installing the Hondata tune for E85, my 2017 touring coupe is now a Skoshi Tiger.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello, I am new to the flex fuel kit and what's it about. I understand it helps mix and differentiate the type of gas/fuel in our gas tank/line (93 gas pump/E85 fuel). If I have this kit installed and lets say I was lazy to get E85(40 mins away from me), can I just fill up with 93 gas pump for a week or two and get back to E85 when I get a chance with no issue or do I "have" to have at least a mix of E85 in the tank? Again I'm new to all this and I did read up about it but this was one of the questions I didn't see that was asked or answered. Thanks in advance!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, I am new to the flex fuel kit and what's it about. I understand it helps mix and differentiate the type of gas/fuel in our gas tank/line (93 gas pump/E85 fuel). If I have this kit installed and lets say I was lazy to get E85(40 mins away from me), can I just fill up with 93 gas pump for a week or two and get back to E85 when I get a chance with no issue or do I "have" to have at least a mix of E85 in the tank? Again I'm new to all this and I did read up about it but this was one of the questions I didn't see that was asked or answered. Thanks in advance!
First question: Yes

Second question: No

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
First question: Yes

Second question: No
Thanks for the reply. Is there a downside to have this kit installed if the car was daily driven and spirited driving only? I would guess as long as I keep the mixture around 20-30 E85(Ethanol) and rest 93 pump gas I should be good?

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Is there a downside to have this kit installed if the car was daily driven and spirited driving only? I would guess as long as I keep the mixture around 20-30 E85(Ethanol) and rest 93 pump gas I should be good?
There are really no downsides because you only need to add E85 when you choose to. Ideally, you want to target a E30-40% mixture for max power, but if you live far from an E85 station then you can simply fill up with 93 until you want to get more power and take advantage of Flex Fuel.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
There are really no downsides because you only need to add E85 when you choose to. Ideally, you want to target a E30-40% mixture for max power, but if you live far from an E85 station then you can simply fill up with 93 until you want to get more power and take advantage of Flex Fuel.
Thanks, that's basically the answer I was hoping. :thumbsup:
Sponsored