SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went back to default values and now it’s right on
Can you elaborate on which value to change and where to change it to make the Innovate gauge read correctly. Thanks.
Sponsored

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you elaborate on which value to change and where to change it to make the Innovate gauge read correctly. Thanks.
The innovative gauge reads correctly. Don’t change any values as it seems to read correctly from the default values in the tune.

If you click calibration then click ethanol and hit F1, it will show you what values we are supposed to change.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
the innovate gauge i'm sure is reading correctly. It's just not displayed correctly onto the hondata app.

The default value is 0.4v = 0%, and 4.8v = 100%. Just don't mess with that value.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The innovative gauge reads correctly. Don’t change any values as it seems to read correctly from the default values in the tune.

If you click calibration then click ethanol and hit F1, it will show you what values we are supposed to change.
hondata emailed me back and said to use the factory values. never heard of a sensor being 0.4-4.8v but :dunno:. It works and that's all that matters.
Time to gather some data for E28 that i'm currently at.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hondata emailed me back and said to use the factory values. never heard of a sensor being 0.4-4.8v but :dunno:. It works and that's all that matters.
I'd be down for sharing a log if you would want to. I have logs of both pure 93 octane and at E30 and to me? E30 looks much better. Fuel pump duty cycle, and duty cycle commanded are closer together on E30, timing is higher, and knock is at zero for the entire run where the 93 pull had slight amounts of knock and subsequent knock retard. Boost was lower on E30 but until I can get it on a dyno (and it'll be tricky to dyno 93 vs E30, but I think we can figure it out, but I'd swear it feels faster on E30 than with 93, across the board.

Edit - and using the very unscientific method of using log timestamps, Excel, and VSS data, E30 is faster. Not by a ton, but it is.

Last edited:

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
Thanks for letting us know what they said. I still need to find the time to install my kit. I saw your install pics with the Mishimoto catch can and it looks really clean. I'd like to know what your logs look like if you don't mind sharing. I'm curious to see what the fueling looks like. Do you have full bolt-ons?

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
I'd be down for sharing a log if you would want to. I have logs of both pure 93 octane and at E30 and to me? E30 looks much better. Fuel pump duty cycle, and duty cycle commanded are closer together on E30, timing is higher, and knock is at zero for the entire run where the 93 pull had slight amounts of knock and subsequent knock retard. Boost was lower on E30 but until I can get it on a dyno (and it'll be tricky to dyno 93 vs E30, but I think we can figure it out, but I'd swear it feels faster on E30 than with 93, across the board.
Did you by chance have Derek look over your logs and confirm what we were seeing?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just for a little extra data, comparing my logs:

30-70 is about .15 seconds faster on E30 than on 93
50-80 is .45 seconds faster on E30 than on 93 (2.73s vs 3.18s). That's more than noticeable.

Again, this is just using timestamps in the logs and equal VSS readings on both logs for comparison. It was warmer for the E30 logs but at those speeds, traction shouldn't be an issue.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Can you use virtual dyno or something similar to plot it and look at a graph.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thanks for letting us know what they said. I still need to find the time to install my kit. I saw your install pics with the Mishimoto catch can and it looks really clean. I'd like to know what your logs look like if you don't mind sharing. I'm curious to see what the fueling looks like. Do you have full bolt-ons?
Thanks. I took my sweet time routing wires so it's virtually hidden and making that bracket. Friend had some left over S2000 J's racing diffuser bracket that worked so we just bent it and made a hole to bolt it in. I didn't want to bend the catch can bracket nor the flex fuel bracket. I must say I am pretty satisfied with the way the bay looks.

As for power mods, I am only running a the sequence exhaust and an afe intake. Still on stock cats and stock front pipe. I haven't went out on a drive yet so no data yet. I wanted to figure out the E values being different on the gauge and the app before i start gathering data.

Edit - and using the very unscientific method of using log timestamps, Excel, and VSS data, E30 is faster. Not by a ton, but it is.
sweet. you think you can pm me with the datalog? I'd be curious to see some data and would be nice to have something to compare it to mine since i'm blending with 91 and not 93.
Still haven't pushed the car yet but it's probably going to a big jump coming from 91 octane.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you use virtual dyno or something similar to plot it and look at a graph.
Take this with a healthy grain of salt as far as actual numbers go - closest car I could choose was a 2015 Civic Si. I plugged in what I think is the FK8 FD and my actual tire height. Unfortunately the 93 octane run (red lines) had some 4th gear action as well so that's why the graph gets all weird, I think. But it's a decent visual:

pic removed to avoid confusion

Last edited:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
You can make custom cars as long as you know your cars details to enter.

I would at least make sure the gearing is correct for the civic you used and if not change it accordingly. I doubt oem gearing is same on 2015 si and fk8. (Among many other things.)
Once you get that down its pretty accurate.. i can make my plots on same day point over basically. Custom tune e50 green and e60 red. Different tuners.

33220524-B67-D-41-D3-B01-D-7-A594-F0-A63-BA.jpg

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here we go, this is with the correct gears, drag coefficient, and weight updated. Closer, this time around:

Edit - just updated the pic. It looked a little off to me and I realized I didn't have an occupant weight in the E30 run. I'll get the hang of it, promise.

Honda Civic 10th gen SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit for the FK8 Civic Type R! qgWw8Mxh
Sponsored

Last edited: