First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's just the A/C fan starting up. Mine makes the same noise and it's had no issues at all. I think it's normal.
Yep, same as mine also. No issues and climate system works great.

OP
OP

aclark05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Did your dealer figure out the issue? I just bought a 2017 ex and it makes the same sound after startup.
I was never actually able to duplicate the sound while having it at the dealership. I concluded from that that it only made that noise when I first started the car for the day or I had been away from it for awhile. My car no longer makes the noise anymore though. I didn't really do anything, it just stopped on its own. I attributed the absence of the noise to the weather getting warmer. Seeing as you're in San Diego though makes me doubt that. Hopefully it's just a thing that goes and stays away on its own.

OP
OP

aclark05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
There is a gap in your understanding on how he phrased a siren noise. It was more of a hum and how does a hum turn into a siren? It's called embellishment and "trumpeting up", no pun intended. Just a misunderstanding and paranoia requires counseling due to the proliferation of the phenomenon.
Who is he? I am the OP. And if you read the the original post you would know:

It happens at around 2 seconds and it is very faint due to the rain and other road noise outside. It is actually quite noticeable/louder then what the video records though but the external noise is kinda drowning it out.
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish arguing semantics with someone on the internet and telling me what I personally heard for months but was unable to record at the time of posting. The "hum" became a siren in the sense the tone would change from start to finish and trail off towards the end.

Last edited:

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish arguing semantics with someone on the internet and telling me what I personally heard for months but was unable to record at the time of posting. The "hum" became a siren in the sense the tone would change from start to finish and trail off towards the end.
But the answer was also already posted here..

It's just the A/C fan starting up. Mine makes the same noise and it's had no issues at all. I think it's normal.
It's a noise related to the A/C compressor as many have aptly stated previously. Sorry about the confusion but I meant to echo the same sentiments as the above and would add maybe yours is a bit louder but it can't be repaired unless it fails. I had a loud compressor in my SC but it never failed.

OP
OP

aclark05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
But the answer was also already posted here..

It's a noise related to the A/C compressor as many have aptly stated previously. Sorry about the confusion but I meant to echo the same sentiments as the above and would add maybe yours is a bit louder but it can't be repaired unless it fails. I had a loud compressor in my SC but it never failed.
I had already concluded it was the compressor from an earlier post in the thread. This is an old topic that was bumped because someone just wanted to know if the dealer had anything to say about it. But they didn't because I was unable to reproduce the sound. In retrospect, it's not really a big issue if it's just the compressor making noise. I was just concerned it might have been something more serious when I initially posted this topic a few months ago.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I had already concluded it was the compressor from an earlier post in the thread. This is an old topic that was bumped because someone just wanted to know if the dealer had anything to say about it. But they didn't because I was unable to reproduce the sound. In retrospect, it's not really a big issue if it's just the compressor making noise. I was just concerned it might have been something more serious when I initially posted this topic a few months ago.
Right and I wanted to emphasize yours might be noisier than the average and also wanted to point out that a cantankerous compressor cannot be replaced under warranty unless it fails outright. Just a heads up, anything to help someone avoid a trip to the dealer, right?
Sponsored