Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
What about Exedy?
  • OEM manufacturer
  • They have smf available
  • They say it's safe with stock flywheel
So far I only know of one user on the forums though...

@LilToTo17 how's the clutch holding up?
Keep me posted you hear anything useful on our side I’m curious. Note bad news carry so far none to be said or heard in the negative way thats a good sign

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
ACT seems to have a good clutch solution, long term wise no one knows yet because it has not been out that long

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
put a light single mas flywheel in there. The car revs twice as fast. Dual mas is so heavy and dumbs it down way to much.

thank me later.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
With the oem clutch? Hhmmm
Sure if you're running stock tune. I ran stock clutch on ethanol till it slipped. Didn't slip on gasoline 24-25 psi except in 5 and 6th gear

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Sure if you're running stock tune. I ran stock clutch on ethanol till it slipped. Didn't slip on gasoline 24-25 psi except in 5 and 6th gear
Oh my car has full bolt ons, I want to upgrade the clutch & fly wheel on my daily. I race from time to time i do spirited runs on back roads . My odometer has 18k + my tranny doesn’t have any issues (yet) knock on wood

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The Exedy solution looks very promising. And is actually an OEM supplier for several Honda platforms.

Right now, the most highly regarded solution for cars (with modest output) is the CTR retrofit. You can always go lighter/stronger, but you may sacrifice some daily utility in stop & go.
https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro/10thgen-si-hatchback-clutch-and-flywheel-kit
Yeah, really unfortunate though that neither their SMF or disk are sprung. Not sure what they were thinking there.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
put a light single mas flywheel in there. The car revs twice as fast. Dual mas is so heavy and dumbs it down way to much.

thank me later.
truth. I went from a stock DMF to an aftermarket SMF on my E36 M3. It's a massive upgrade in revability and getting rid of the minimal amount of rev-hang it had compared to the Si. On the Si, the rev-hang is compounded from the stock DMF with the stock ECU tuning controlling the rev drop for emissions reasons

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
truth. I went from a stock DMF to an aftermarket SMF on my E36 M3. It's a massive upgrade in revability and getting rid of the minimal amount of rev-hang it had compared to the Si. On the Si, the rev-hang is compounded from the stock DMF with the stock ECU tuning controlling the rev drop for emissions reasons
We don’t have emissions here in SC im glad coming from Mass where it was def a requirement and a hassle compared to my current local. I wouldn’t have the upgrades i have now which sucked ass. Lol

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Dual mass contains springs that dampen the clutch engagement. It makes feeling the engagement point damn near impossible. I believe it was created for inexperienced drivers. Also much more complex than smf which makes it heavier, hence rev hang.

Honda Civic 10th gen single mass or dual mass flywheel 1599309494812
Sponsored