Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also found having the rear a bit higher helped get more weight to the front. I have it 25" at the top of each wheel well arch, I think level would be .5" or so lower on the back since the rear arches are more shallow than the front. Having a little rake in the stance is an added bonus ha.
I like a small rake as well, rather than level. I have about a .5ā€œ difference F/R.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Suspension systems can be very complex but there are good sources for making it digestible information. One of my favorite go to sites is suspensionsecrets.co.uk That site covers everything from simple to complex and has lots of good pictures to help aid in learning.

Haha it's a small world! I wish Evom was as active as this forum but when it's a 20 year old platform it's not a surprise that attendance drops on online forums. The CT9A chassis Evos have a motion ratio on the damper and spring like the Civic does on the spring but it's not as low as the Civic. But the same principal still applies. We'll always support the Evo platform because it's a personal passion for me and I'll always have mine. We got into doing Civic parts because Hondas are so prevalent at the track and these 10th gens will become popular in the future for sure, Honda did all their homework with it and the results speak for themselves with how simple yet capable these cars are.
I'll definitely be spending some time on suspension secrets site! Thank you for that!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Speed secrets is great stuff too. Ross Bentley has a bunch of great books for driver education. Also has a good podcast I recently started listening too.

#rossism lol @Neddih

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So after sometime with the silvers coilovers they still continue to impress. I had a front suspension noise and from having PTSD from 2 of my fortune auto coilovers shocks blowing out, I pulled both front silvers shocks to check if they were blown. I'm happy to say they are function perfectly. With the spring removed I'll use all of my body weight to compress the shock then let it go and it returns to extended position smoothly. I can run through the compression and rebound adjustments and the difference can be felt and seen with the amount of force it takes me to compress as well as the speed at which it returns to extended position. I know this is no shock dyno but I am able to tell the adjustments are working and all is good. When I had the blown fortune shocks this is how I detected it was blown.

Long story short the silvers coilovers are still holding up great, only street use so far though. I found settings that's feels good on the street as far as comfort and back road handling.

The only change I will eventually make is to stiffen the rear spring as suggested by a few people, but I won't need that until I track again.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I messed around with my dampening tune yesterday which really made a great change. I lowered my front compression settings from 10 to 5 and now the turn in weight transfer is much better, I have the rebound at 14 so it dips and stays down nicely which really helps the front tires bite and grip. I have the back at 12 for compression and 14 rebound so it stays nice and tight and rotates really nice.

Having the 2-way dampening really opens up options for dialing in the handling. Can't wait to get to a track and mess with it more.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In other news I noticed oil on the thread of the right front shock, at the bottom where the remote reservoir connects. Usually if a shock blows it will leak all of the oil so I'm not sure what happened. I will remove tomorrow to inspect closer. William at silvers was quick to reply and explain the anatomy of the coilovers and what to inspect. Near impossible to see in the picture but that's the general area.

Honda Civic 10th gen Silvers neomax double adjustable coilovers review 20220816_180522

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just want to say how good silvers customer service is. I removed my front shock to get a closer look at the potential leak I had and noticed the shock wasn't compressing smoothly compared the the left side. Upon reinstalling I pulled the ultimate amateur move and instead of my impact being on the lowest setting, (which I have used to install the top nut over 10 different times with no issue) I had it on the highest setting... 600ft lbs of torque and I broke the threaded part of the shaft tightening the top nut, šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. So in a panic I called silvers and spoke to the wholesale guy since William was not there. I told him my situation about the possible shock issue that I was having and have been emailing William about, and I told him I broke my shaft upon reinstalling. and either way if this was covered under warranty or not I would need to order a replacement. He assured me he would pass the info to William who would be back Monday (this happened Friday). I emailed the video I took to them, and the wholesale guy who I forgot his name emailed me back confirming he got the video. William emailed me back yesterday which I missed, but he called me today saying he wasn't sure what would cause the shock to not compress like that and it could have just needed more weight on it but either way they are going to cover it and send me a new shock. Iet me tell you how relieved I am, I was so disappointed that I broke the shaft and was preparing to buy a replacement.

Love that he covered this without question truly a great company.

So if you use an impact to fasten the top nut, double check it is on lowest setting possible. Lesson learned.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I messed around with my dampening tune yesterday which really made a great change. I lowered my front compression settings from 10 to 5 and now the turn in weight transfer is much better, I have the rebound at 14 so it dips and stays down nicely which really helps the front tires bite and grip. I have the back at 12 for compression and 14 rebound so it stays nice and tight and rotates really nice.

Having the 2-way dampening really opens up options for dialing in the handling. Can't wait to get to a track and mess with it more.
Neat! Do you have a front sway upgrade?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes whiteline 27mm. On the softer setting.
Iā€™ve heard opinions about whether or not to do that mod. I was thinking I would, and use the ā€˜softā€˜ setting. You like?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Iā€™ve heard opinions about whether or not to do that mod. I was thinking I would, and use the ā€˜softā€˜ setting. You like?
Yes front end feels very tight, I have no complaints.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I haven't been on stock springs in close to 3 years, have that trophy truck stance going on, feels like a truck as well. Temporary while waiting on my replacement shock to arrive.

Honda Civic 10th gen Silvers neomax double adjustable coilovers review 20220831_140744

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Received my replacement shock today!! Will get to work this Saturday reinstalling the front coilovers, adj. Ball joints and poly forward control arm bushing!

Honda Civic 10th gen Silvers neomax double adjustable coilovers review 20220915_151908

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Last Saturday I installed the Silvers double adjustable coilovers on my Si in place of the fortune auto coilovers.

I optioned for the swift 10k front and 8k rear spring upgrade.

The shocks have adjustment for both compression(external reservoir) and rebound (top adjustment knob), a single adjustable coilovers like the fortune auto only adjusts the rebound, at least that is the case for the fortune auto and many other brands.

The silvers are have 40 clicks of rebound and 24 of compression adjustment.

Initially I set the dampening as follows

Front- rebound 18 comp 13
Rear- rebound 15 comp 12

I found this to be very firm for the street so last night I adjusted as follows
Front - rebound 12 comp 9
Rear - rebound 13 comp 10

This adjustment made the ride a bit more comfortable but still more firm than the fortune coilover setup.

They feel excellent, everything feels nice and tight, no noises at all. I can't wait until my next track day, these coilover are going to be great. The rear spring perches are setup up so the perch is on the bottom opposite of the fortune coilovers which works great with the rv6 camber arms since they are not dishes like the OEM arm.

The quality of the silvers coilovers is excellent, the shock bodies are zinc coated rather than powder coated so I feel they will hold up better.

Overall very impressed and excited to mess with the adjustments more and find that perfect street setup then next time on track dial it in for that purpose.

Before purchasing I emailed a bunch of questions to support, William always responded quick and was very helpful. It is Good to have the same person respond each time, rather than someone different every email.

For the rear perch I bought QA1 needle bearing spacers to make the on car adjustment of the height easier.

I will update more once I have more time with this setup.

20220518_184413-01.jpeg

20220514_135529.jpg

20220514_135533.jpg

20220514_133603.jpg

20220502_190104.jpg

20220502_183134.jpg

20220502_183145.jpg

20220502_183100.jpg

20220502_183115.jpg

20220502_183054.jpg
Hey Scott, how are the Silvers performing now? Would love to hear your long-term thoughts :)

Humza

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey Scott, how are the Silvers performing now? Would love to hear your long-term thoughts :)

Humza
Very good, I had an issue with the front shocks but they traced it to a bad batch from improper assembly. They swapped them out a few months back and all has been perfect since. Lots of adjustability for dampening. William who runs silvers-NA responds to all my emails promptly, their service is top notch. I highly recommend! Will be getting some track time in with this setup in March and will be able to take advantage of the adjustability. Now having the compression and rebound adjustment I could never go back to single.
Sponsored