SilverGhosts 16 EXT Build

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm not sure if you're planning to do a before/after UOA. But would be really interested in how the Flashpro impacts your oil quality over a typical oil change interval.

Subscribed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my original oil fill at 2900 miles.Do the UOA on that?Then again at the same mileage drain on the second?
Then there's all The hoopla on what oils the best makes my head spin.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
We're getting a pretty good base on UOAs from stock motors. But getting another one from yours wouldn't hurt either.

In your case, it would help determine if you need to shorten your oil change intervals because of the Flashpro. Hondata modifies parameters that aren't tracked by the maintenance minder. So the oil quality may be much worse than what Honda's algorithms track (but we won't know until we get back some UOAs). Has less to do with the oil type, and more to do with operating parameters.

I mentioned the same thing in Hondata's thread.

OP
OP
SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We're getting a pretty good base on UOAs from stock motors. But getting another one from yours wouldn't hurt either.

In your case, it would help determine if you need to shorten your oil change intervals because of the Flashpro. Hondata modifies parameters that aren't tracked by the maintenance minder. So the oil quality may be much worse than what Honda's algorithms track (but we won't know until we get back some UOAs). Has less to do with the oil type, and more to do with operating parameters.

I mentioned the same thing in Hondata's thread.
Ok I ready to dive into synthetic oil research for our engine.Any info or insight on what synthetic oil?
Ive been reading a 9 page thread on Bob The Oil Guy forum on DI turbocharged engine oil recommendations.Gonna stay with 0/w20 but full synthetic.Also where do you send your UOAs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
High Octane tune will start today.Going to run my tank down to zero miles left and fill it up with top tier 91 octane.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Ok I ready to dive into synthetic oil research for our engine.Any info or insight on what synthetic oil?
Ive been reading a 9 page thread on Bob The Oil Guy forum on DI turbocharged engine oil recommendations.Gonna stay with 0/w20 but full synthetic.Also where do you send your UOAs?
Depends on the day and you'll get a ton of different answers. In my case, I plan to run a UOA on the factory fill and the one after, and then go from there. Biggest items I tend to look at are metal content and fuel dilution.

You can check the UOAs here and start forming your own opinions (feel free to add your own if you decide to do it):
http://www.civicx.com/threads/the-oil-thread.684/page-2#post-62015

OP
OP
SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Fooling around I downloaded a picture of my car off the internet/CivicX sight on the cars infotainment internet browser then set to wallpaper.I would imagine any image of the internet would download.

Honda Civic 10th gen SilverGhosts 16 EXT Build image

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Fooling around I downloaded a picture of my car off the internet/CivicX sight on the cars infotainment internet browser then set to wallpaper.I would imagine any image of the internet would download.

image.jpg
you can just put it on a usb stick and load it up. would most likely be a lot faster and less headache tryign to browse with the headunit browser.

hopefully one day this will get rooted but it doesnt look good

OP
OP
SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I know the USB drive but im too lazy to load pics:dance:I was on my lunch hour messing around