Silver EXL with body kit

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
I don't get it. Looks OK but for the price of these plastic stick-ons you probably could get close to upgrading to the Touring.
Some people dont care about the honda sensing, nav or leather interior. The touring doesn't have much of an upgrade exterior wise. The hid's and chrome door handles. Id rather the body kit in my opinion
Sponsored

witojr120976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 2015 Acura TLX Tech.
A body kit should look like a body kit, not like something you can buy at Auto Zone and install with double side tape. The body kit from Honda and Acura are not ground effect, they should make the car look lower to the ground.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A body kit should look like a body kit, not like something you can buy at Auto Zone and install with double side tape. The body kit from Honda and Acura are not ground effect, they should make the car look lower to the ground.
I think that's what Honda/Acura wanted to get away from.. tired of people scraping the lip-kits they used to provide.. Now they are just simply enhancements to the looks of the bumpers instead of giving the "lowered" appearance.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I don't like the front and rear pieces. They look a bit tacky IMO. For me the biggest issue is tough is the stock Honda wheels ... I'm sorry but they just seem too busy.
:werd:

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
It looks good just leave off the moldings on the door.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I'd like to take this moment to say I really wanted to get excited about the looks of this car but when I drive alongside one on the highway, as I did yesterday with a black one, I find myself saying "really?...all the hype?", it just does not stand out from the crowd. It's a nice design but does not exude excitement. The fact that it looks more like a 9/10ths Accord rather than a Civic does not help it establish an identity of its own. (I had a '95 Accord for many years and this Civic is the same size and could be the Accord except the new Accord is even larger.) I think the coupe will be better in this regard with its shortened rear, and perhaps the hatchback will be the most Civic looking of the three although I have issues with design elements on that one too. In fact I have my sights set in '17 or '18 on a turbo hatch 6spd, so I'm not a hater.
So...no, these stick ons do not improve things in my opinion.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some people dont care about the honda sensing, nav or leather interior. The touring doesn't have much of an upgrade exterior wise. The hid's and chrome door handles. Id rather the body kit in my opinion
Also upgraded mirrors, unique wheels, upgraded sound system etc. etc. All would offer more ownership enjoyment and resale value than additional plastic. Don't get me wrong the body kit does give it a different look, guess I just prefer to invest in things that are more funtional.

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually have exactly the same set up for my black EX-L. I do plan on adding an underbody led kit soon as well and the Injen intake and exhaust eventually.
Honda Civic 10th gen Silver EXL with body kit 20160323_171641
Honda Civic 10th gen Silver EXL with body kit 20160323_171758

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My set up...I've since tinted with Llumar CTX and Air 80 windshield, added the Turbo decal on the side underbody spoiler and MGP black caliper covers. Exterior add one coming: OEM Exhaust tips and chrome fog trim. Oh...and clear sidemarkers...
@CosmicTouring The clear side markers should really clean up the side profile and compliment all of the nice chrome on your cosmic blue Touring.

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
I'm finally spotting an increasing number of Civic sedans in the wild. The best thing I can say is that the car doesn't look as enormous in real life as it does in photos. That said, it's my opinion that the styling is busy and somewhat awkward. In this regard, I appreciate what Volkswagen has been able to do with the Golf throughout the generations. It's kept those compact exterior dimensions while being tastefully updated, with a dash of understated elegance. That said, I'm patiently awaiting the introduction of the Civic Si.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CosmicTouring The clear side markers should really clean up the side profile and compliment all of the nice chrome on your cosmic blue Touring.
I should be close to this look after the clear sidemarkers. I already have the LED amber lights in my sidemarkers which will look clean through the clear lens since it is white domed. Will have clean amber light through the lens when on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Silver EXL with body kit all-newcivic_modulo1

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Is there a thread about comfort of the seats in new Civic? My cousin tells me he sold his ninth gen because of seat comfort. Any one notice long rides and any comfort issues?