Silly horn

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
The one on my sienna is perfectly balanced. Not too deep, not too clownish. The civic horn spins like a bicycle horn
Sponsored

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I have to admit - I’d pay good money to have a train horn blasting out of my Civic. I’d definitely start driving with my horn then - ‘speshly in Boston! :D

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I have to admit - I’d pay good money to have a train horn blasting out of my Civic. I’d definitely start driving with my horn then - ‘speshly in Boston! :D
Agreed, but the primary use of a horn is safety. I drove Miatas for 10 years, joined a club, the FIRST thing I was advised to do was "Get some HORNS!" Because the Miata is so low, trucks don't see you in their mirrors and just pull on over. The Miata has a "meep-meep" horn as well. A set of Hellas installed in both of my Miatas, saved my butt and car several times on the interstate. Here in Central Pa we're the truck terminal Central of the East Coast, I drive l83 & I81 most every day, and the truck traffic is very heavy, fast and dense. The Civic is small & low enough to present the same situation as the Miata. Left my dealer today with both Hi & Lo Accord horns installed by my mechanic. Problem solved, the Accord horns are about $30 for the pair, they charged me less than $100 to install, well worth the investment, they are LOUD. The Civic horn on the interstate with trucks is like showing up at a gunfight with a pocket knife. I tend not to be a horn driver, so they will be used only when needed for survival.

japan617

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
During the test drive, I tested the horn and proclaimed to the salesman that it sounded gay (I said it light heartedly and in jest.. but there is always some truth in humor)

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When i installed my custom painted grille I discovered my car has twin horns, i actually thought i had only one because sounds like a vespa. I immediately realized i should have ordered real horns before removing the bumper:(

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
2019. Grow up dude.
2019 means more equality and less of social injustice, and the same applies for conservationists....I have no idea what i just said but yeah something like that

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
I have to confess, it is a little embarrassing, and even kind of funny.
Anyone else feel the same?
JP
It sounds like you have a duck in the seat next to you, and when you get upset, you squeeze it's neck.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's absurd. And I tried the Wolo horn from college Honda. Not nearly loud enough.

So I've ordered the aftermarket version of the horns for the Lexus LS600. Plan to install these with a relay to get more power to them as well. Search LS600 horn for videos.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARUKO-Super-Giga-Horn-BGD-2-500Hz-400Hz-12VSGIGA-Made-in-Japan-F-S-New/263502763111?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I agree I just changed mine out to the college hills horn too.