Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I think the problem is that is doesn't cut through the noise which should be one of the main points of a horn. If you need more than 1 honk to get someone's attention, its not doing its job
I meant in the sense that people are so distracted nowadays, it doesn't surprise me that it takes two blasts of a horn to get their attention.
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I think the problem is that is doesn't cut through the noise which should be one of the main points of a horn. If you need more than 1 honk to get someone's attention, its not doing its job
It is a case by case, some driver sleep more deeply than other .
Sure one shot of atomic bomb will weakup everybody, but do you need a hammer to kill a flee ?

I will not loose my time and spend money to install a new horn which if improperly installed will cause an electrical failure.
For what ? Save one honk once a year ? :doh:

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
It is a case by case, some driver sleep more deeply than other .
Sure one shot of atomic bomb will weakup everybody, but do you need a hammer to kill a flee ?

I will not loose my time and spend money to install a new horn which if improperly installed will cause an electrical failure.
For what ? Save one honk once a year ? :doh:
Why use a dull razor to go over the same area multiple times when you can you a sharp razor and only need to swipe once? Also, you either live in an area that gets no traffic or you're the most patient driver ever if you only honk once per year. Someone mentioned that the horn is meant to alert others. It's hard to hear the meep meep when the radio is on and your windows are up.

Last edited:

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After reading the post, I just want to say that I too feel as if this is a "polite" sounding horn, too polite I think. Before I bought my car, I owned a 2000 Honda Accord. Now that had a Boss of a horn that truly said get the F out of my way! lol

SonicGreyStorm

Manual transmission for life...
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Turbo 6sp MT
Country flag
i changed my horn out a few months ago.
bought the horn from oreilys and the adapter from the internet to plug in the factory harness
Hey bud I bought the one from old Riley's to do you have a link for the adapter?

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The horn is ridiculous but I’m not one of those folks who drive with the horn anyway. Rarely do I ever use the horn (on any car). The way I see it, this is just incentive to continue carrying on with my friendly non-horn-honking ways. Any time someone pulls a dumb stunt which gives me the urge to let ‘em have it, I simply remember how dumb it’s going to make me look and just keep moving quietly along my way. ;)

neffster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T, 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Country flag
Sorry, I guess my post wasn't clear. I saw the link for the adapter, but I'm not sure which of the horns to purchase along with the adapter. I just want one that is 'deeper' sounding and louder. I'm assuming you purchased a horn and adapter that you like, is that correct?
As you can see, they have a lot of options for a 2016-2018 Civic. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/SRCH.html?Store_Code=CH&Search=horn
Thanks again for the help!

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, I guess my post wasn't clear. I saw the link for the adapter, but I'm not sure which of the horns to purchase along with the adapter. I just want one that is 'deeper' sounding and louder. I'm assuming you purchased a horn and adapter that you like, is that correct?
As you can see, they have a lot of options for a 2016-2018 Civic. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/SRCH.html?Store_Code=CH&Search=horn
Thanks again for the help!
I bought my horn from O'reilys auto parts just used the adapter to not splice wires.
but the sonic blast horns on that site are the ones i have but was like $30 at the store vs what they want on the site there

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
The horn is ridiculous but I’m not one of those folks who drive with the horn anyway. Rarely do I ever use the horn (on any car). The way I see it, this is just incentive to continue carrying on with my friendly non-horn-honking ways. Any time someone pulls a dumb stunt which gives me the urge to let ‘em have it, I simply remember how dumb it’s going to make me look and just keep moving quietly along my way. ;)
agreed haha...:drive:

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Does anyone know how many amps the stock horn uses?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The horn I have, named UCL 202 is rated 3.5 A. It makes 370 Hz sound (F4 sharp) and is rated 110 dB @ 2 m, 99 dB @ 7m.
It doesn't seem to me particularly weak as a car horn, but it is very quiet in comparison with a train horn which can sound 130 -150 dB @ 30 m.
Sponsored