Sigh....

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
So i just replaced a broken fog light last week and today I was driving down the road when some d bag in some shitbox truck swerves in front of me, hits a bump, and launches a piece of wood out of his bed and smashes into my bumper. His truck was missing a tailgate. Tried to get him to pull over and he refused.

If you're out there mr truck driver, I hope your dog runs away, your wife/sister divorces you and your kids forget to wish you a happy birthday for the next 20 years.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sigh.... 20190624_180435
Sponsored

OP
OP
Civic17siYAY

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Anyone know where I can get a drivers side replacement? I can only find passenger side..

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
hondapartsnetwork.com

Seeing this is why I finally stepped up and got a cheap dashcam. A decent one can now be had for well under $50.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Same reason I installed a dashcam as well. He probably did not have insurance, was drugged out or driving drunk or all the above. luckily that part is probably cheap, and the scratches can be buffed out and repainted pretty inexpensively. A full bumper cover (unpainted) on Amazon is in the $300 range

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q60 RWD 3.0, 1998 6th Gen Honda Accord (400K+ Miles, Still running strong)
Country flag
You have a dashcam?

I've had a few near misses before.....

Edit: I read what other people posted and it looks like people asked about a dashcam already.

I thought I'd share my cheap setup,

I use Anker Roav Dashcam you can buy them cheap at Amazon.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
You have a dashcam?

I use Anker Roav Dashcam you can buy them cheap at Amazon.
I have a Roav I got for like $35 on Newegg. It's pretty great for the price.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The op lives in Florida you have to buy a dash cam that can take the heat I spend a lot for mine so it can take the heat any dash cam under 75 bucks will fry down here and yes the driver of the truck probably didn’t have insurance unfortunately a lot of them don’t. To the op sorry what happened to your car same thing with me with a previous car when I moved to Florida

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Why did you not call the police? Driving with an unsecured load is illegal, not to mention super dangerous. It was your bumper this time, could be someone's windshield next time. Dude should be punished.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why did you not call the police? Driving with an unsecured load is illegal, not to mention super dangerous. It was your bumper this time, could be someone's windshield next time. Dude should be punished.
You would think so . But I’ve seen dump trucks without nets on them rocks falling off and DOT just doesn’t touch them I guess it’s a Florida thing

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Civic17siYAY

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Filed a police report right after it happened. Submitted a picture of the driver and his tag along with a pic of his bed with a ton of crap in it

Going to order a dash cam tonight. Silver lining is that I have a PRL intercooler on it's way from a member on here. Depending on what the insurance says, I'll probably just fix it myself while I install the intercooler.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Filed a police report right after it happened. Submitted a picture of the driver and his tag along with a pic of his bed with a ton of crap in it

Going to order a dash cam tonight. Silver lining is that I have a PRL intercooler on it's way from a member on here. Depending on what the insurance says, I'll probably just fix it myself while I install the intercooler.
Good luck with everything and keep in mind when you buy a dash cam because I bought a cheap one last year and it fry in a couple of days in this Florida heat and:thumbsup: on the new intercooler
Sponsored