Sigh, only 2 months old Civic HB

OneJMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura RSX, 2017 Honda Civic hatchback
Can't have nice things :(, only owned it two months and just got hit by a ford. No damages to the ford (expedition?). But just by looking at the picture, can you guys assume who was at fault? It was at a four way stop.

My version of the story is, I stopped at my stop sign, waited for my right of way at the four way stop and went. I drive straight, and then she hits me as I am passing her. She claims it is not her fault but even quoted saying that she did not see me. From where the car is hit, what else should I tell my insurance company?

Honda Civic 10th gen Sigh, only 2 months old Civic HB IMG_0507.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks. In this case I hope it's a CVT so it is easily replaceable.

OP
OP

OneJMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't have nice things :(, only owned it two months and just got hit by a jeep. No damages to the jeep. But just by looking at the picture, can you guys assume who was at fault? It was at a four way stop.

IMG_0507.JPG
That sucks. In this case I hope it's a CVT so it is easily replaceable.
Yeah, it is an ex cvt. dont think there's any damage besides body damage

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Getting T-boned at a 4 way, it obviously isn't your fault.
There's no way that could happen unless someone crashed into you. The only way that could happen with you at fault is if you drifted into them. But I'm not legal advice

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Can't have nice things :(, only owned it two months and just got hit by a ford. No damages to the ford (expedition?). But just by looking at the picture, can you guys assume who was at fault? It was at a four way stop.

My version of the story is, I stopped at my stop sign, waited for my right of way at the four way stop and went. I drive straight, and then she hits me as I am passing her. She claims it is not her fault but even quoted saying that she did not see me. From where the car is hit, what else should I tell my insurance company?

IMG_0507.JPG
sorry to hear man... for the future buy a rexing v1 dashcam... you wont regret it

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like others said, there is no way that is your fault at a 4 way. How could she hit you in the rear quarter if you pulled out into her?

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
Feel for you bro, that's a tough blow. I'm dealing with my own issues on mine right now (massive hail damage) and will be without my car for several more weeks. Not a day goes by I don't miss it.

But there is a reason we have insurance so swallow the deductible and get it in the shop ASAP! The quicker you get it handled the faster she can get back home to you good as new!!

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's quite a lot of damage unfortunately. Hatch moved and i can see the gap is bad all around, door jam is gone....Did your side airbag deploy?

loutamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Getting T-boned at a 4 way, it obviously isn't your fault.
There's no way that could happen unless someone crashed into you. The only way that could happen with you at fault is if you drifted into them. But I'm not legal advice
I agree

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Dashcam guys. My parents got t-bone one night with no witness. Even though the lady that hit them was at fault and had a very bad driving record she lawyered up and it took over a year and a lot of headaches to get that bitch to pay up.

OP
OP

OneJMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feel for you bro, that's a tough blow. I'm dealing with my own issues on mine right now (massive hail damage) and will be without my car for several more weeks. Not a day goes by I don't miss it.

But there is a reason we have insurance so swallow the deductible and get it in the shop ASAP! The quicker you get it handled the faster she can get back home to you good as new!!
I only drive her on the weekend, pretty sad about what happened. But Life is supposed to move on.
That's quite a lot of damage unfortunately. Hatch moved and i can see the gap is bad all around, door jam is gone....Did your side airbag deploy?
My side airbags did not deploy. Side passenger and rear passenger. Passenger front did not deploy either.
Sponsored