Side view mirrors in Car Wash

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
I know they are designed to fold, but I can’t help but get nervous and crying jussssstttt a little every time I go through a car wash and here that THUD if them moving. Any body else here like that? Lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Side view mirrors in Car Wash 636BEDEC-3867-45E5-A26D-69BCE71E4192

Honda Civic 10th gen Side view mirrors in Car Wash AB17CCE5-6F19-4DDD-9BB5-924CC7FD7DC8

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Ha! I didn't expect them to turn towards the front the first time they did... I'm used to them turning in now, I'll reach out mid car wash and flip them back. Makes me nervous too but not as nervous as the spoiler getting ripped off.

We may get crap for daring to run our cars through touch washes.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
So much dirt and small rocks in those brushes spinning on your paint, if you don't want to wash it yourself why not just go to a touchless car wash?

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
So much dirt and small rocks in those brushes spinning on your paint, if you don't want to wash it yourself why not just go to a touchless car wash?
I have a buddy that runs a chain of car washes out west and he informed me that the touchless is WAY worse for your paint than the brushes. They often use an acidic compound that not only strips the wax off but will eat your clear coat.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I go through a car wash to. My mirrors do the same thing. I keep forgetting to fold them in before I drive into the wash. I know it’s not the best for the paint but the water is filtered and leaves my car shiny without water spots. Water spots are what you definitely don’t want on your paint. So far my paint looks great. I know a good wax job is due though

Stenguyen1

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I have a buddy that runs a chain of car washes out west and he informed me that the touchless is WAY worse for your paint than the brushes. They often use an acidic compound that not only strips the wax off but will eat your clear coat.
You basically doing the same thing when going through those brushes. Having swirls and scratches in the clear coat. Causing way worst damage physically.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can always get yourself a pressured washer and wash your car at home. This will avoid all of the swirls from the car wash tunnel and the acidic compounds from touchless car wash.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an unlimited membership at a wash like this. I probably hit it three times a week and about half the time it flips my passenger mirror. I usually don't notice it until I'm driving down the road and I'm like Wtf!
I've never had any issues with any scratching, not even on my gloss black grille.

OP
OP
I Am Noobmaster69
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
I have an unlimited membership at a wash like this. I probably hit it three times a week and about half the time it flips my passenger mirror. I usually don't notice it until I'm driving down the road and I'm like Wtf!
I've never had any issues with any scratching, not even on my gloss black grille.
I just got the unlimited at the wash /vacuum across the street from me, and so far I haven’t had any issues either, other than not being able to see out the mirror down the road half the time lol. I haven’t seen anything messed up about my gloss black grill either, so hopefully it stays that way!

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Boy. I did not know this. While the newer touchless washes do a good job in cleaning the cars, I always wonder what shampoo do they use.

I use touchless washes in winters out of no choice. In other seasons, I wash and wax the car often.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember the first time my mirrors did that lol. Scared the hell out of me. I've gone thru automated car washes when I was really lazy or traveling and found my car covered in sap/bird droppings. Though it isn't my preference and I still like washing my car at home, I haven't noticed any scratched or swirls from them (so far, thankfully).

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Even though it is free, I would not hit the wash 3 times a week. This will remove whatever wax left on the paint.

Check for swirl marks on your car. These car washes are notorious to add swirls to the car.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I don't find that the touchless around me do a sufficient job at cleaning the car.

Oh, and the obligatory "It's a Civic." I like my car, a lot. I don't like hand washing it, at all. I know I'm risking messing things up by running it through the touch-full washers but it does the job I won't do, and I'm ok with that. I may take it to a pro detailer if it was an expensive ride...

An interesting question is: which is better, running through the touch-full washers every few weeks or never washing the car?
Sponsored