I really want a new Type R, but I love my current car too much. 😍 😍 😍

lone_kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Looks good!
Love the Enkei TS5's! I'm rocking a set myself. Clean and classic 5 spoke design.
I almost didn't get them too. Highest offset they have is +38 but I was looking for a +42 or +45 to fit some 265/35.

I might roll fenders later or something but 255/35 are holding great in the canyons right now with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I almost didn't get them too. Highest offset they have is +38 but I was looking for a +42 or +45 to fit some 265/35.

I might roll fenders later or something but 255/35 are holding great in the canyons right now with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
What size of wheels did you get? I got them in 18x8 +40. I wanted to keep the weight at 20lbs or less but moved them out a bit to fill in the fender space more, but give it a wider stance for better handling. I wanted 18x8.5 or even 18x9, but any wider on the wheels pushed the weight up and limited my choice of beefy tires. So a 18x8 +40 pushed it out just enough to fill out the space while running MS4S 245/40/18 w/o rubbing. I'm super close on the fronts.

I wouldn't mind beefier/wider tires and wider wheels in the future if I ever swap out the wheels and change up the offset. But I'd want to keep the weight always 20 lbs or less and zero rubbing. I'm more interested in the practical nature of wheels over looks. However, looks def play a part. After all I have to look at my car everyday. So trying to find a balance of everything I want really narrowed my choice. Wanting a classic 5 spoke look and good quality while not breaking the bank.

Last edited:

lone_kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have the Eibach Sport lines, a little bit lower drop. I rub over some dips.

I got them in 18x9.5 +38

I don't mind adding a little weight as I do plan on adding a lot more power eventually. Built motor, big turbo kit, fuel system, etc. I do take it to the canyons probably every month or two as well so I did prioritize grip over weight.
I plan on eventually having some track days also.

These tires are a little taller than I'd prefer tho when it comes to appearance. You can actually see where the tire rubbed at one point. I have not rubbed the tires/wheels on any curbs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side Shot Saturday! Screenshot_20221104_130352
Sponsored