borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the Eibach Sport lines, a little bit lower drop. I rub over some dips.

I got them in 18x9.5 +38

I don't mind adding a little weight as I do plan on adding a lot more power eventually. Built motor, big turbo kit, fuel system, etc. I do take it to the canyons probably every month or two as well so I did prioritize grip over weight.
I plan on eventually having some track days also.

These tires are a little taller than I'd prefer tho when it comes to appearance. You can actually see where the tire rubbed at one point. I have not rubbed the tires/wheels on any curbs.

Screenshot_20221104_130352.jpg
I get ya!
I do like the extra concave look on the wider wheels though. Def more power will compensate for the extra weight. What I may do is eventually, years down the road, when I decide to swap out the wheels, is get wider wheels and stick with beefy tires still, but get a more positive offset so I don't rub. If the wheel choices permit me.

lone_kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I get ya!
I do like the extra concave look on the wider wheels though. Def more power will compensate for the extra weight. What I may do is eventually, years down the road, when I decide to swap out the wheels, is get wider wheels and stick with beefy tires still, but get a more positive offset so I don't rub. If the wheel choices permit me.
If I ever make it to my power goal (about 500 whp) I'll likely add flares for wider tires. I don't want to have them bolted on tho, I dont really like that look. I would mold it into the body so its all seamless.

Only problem is all this cost money, and things aren't getting any cheaper.

I'm sitting at 280-300 whp now so it's pretty much all expensive stuff from here out. At least I already have the new clutch, just have to put it in. Stock one doesn't hold much past stock hp/tq.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I ever make it to my power goal (about 500 whp) I'll likely add flares for wider tires. I don't want to have them bolted on tho, I dont really like that look. I would mold it into the body so its all seamless.

Only problem is all this cost money, and things aren't getting any cheaper.

I'm sitting at 280-300 whp now so it's pretty much all expensive stuff from here out. At least I already have the new clutch, just have to put it in. Stock one doesn't hold much past stock hp/tq.
I just recently upgraded to the Rv6 retro fit flywheel and Stage 0 Clutch. I'm looking to go FBO by end of year. Right now, I'm sticking with stock turbo for the quicker spool and low end street grunt. I run out of road too quick to hit the rpm limit. I live life under 5k rpm around here. I am flirting with a drop in turbo. Mostly for the bragging rights and highway power I guess. But I prefer the lower end power and quick response. I lived the top end life. I had a FBO 2000 Honda Prelude, upgraded clutch and lightweight flywheel and tuned to 8k rpm where I was always above 5k rpm and anything below was painful. Pretty much perpetual VTEC lol. Sounded nasty though! Good times.

What are your engine mods if I may ask?

lone_kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Current mods:

27Won intake / turbo Inlet
PRL Flex Fuel Kit
Ktuner
OEM TYPE R rear motor mount w/ Perrin insert
Rv6 rear sway bar w/ Accord end links
BMS Intercooler
Acquity Throttle Pedal Spacer (it's actually possible to heel toe now)

Clutch was delivered today so I'm looking forward to that. (Action clutch)

Our stock turbos run out at about 5k rpm anyways, but with bigger turbo you can go out to 7k I believe and with a "built" head 8k. Might want a motor at that point too tho.

If you don't mind a little NVH I'd highly suggest the rear motor mount setup I have. Vibrates a bit at idle but you're good once you get going. There is zero wheel hop now. Doesn't matter if I dump the clutch or floor it in the rain. I dumped it at 4.5k rpm one time just to see and it did a standing burnout, zero wheel hop.

I actually beat a friend's 21 STI from a dig. Not sure if he launched as hard as he could tho.

Check out the Vargas Turbo Technologies (VTT) drop in turbo. They have a thread on here about two variants. I believe it's called the gc/gc+ kinda like the w1 and w2. I heard it's capable of 400hp if the fuel is there, but we run out of fuel about 350whp on E85.

They're new to the civics but big for bmws from what I could find.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Current mods:

27Won intake / turbo Inlet
PRL Flex Fuel Kit
Ktuner
OEM TYPE R rear motor mount w/ Perrin insert
Rv6 rear sway bar w/ Accord end links
BMS Intercooler
Acquity Throttle Pedal Spacer (it's actually possible to heel toe now)

Clutch was delivered today so I'm looking forward to that. (Action clutch)

Our stock turbos run out at about 5k rpm anyways, but with bigger turbo you can go out to 7k I believe and with a "built" head 8k. Might want a motor at that point too tho.

If you don't mind a little NVH I'd highly suggest the rear motor mount setup I have. Vibrates a bit at idle but you're good once you get going. There is zero wheel hop now. Doesn't matter if I dump the clutch or floor it in the rain. I dumped it at 4.5k rpm one time just to see and it did a standing burnout, zero wheel hop.

I actually beat a friend's 21 STI from a dig. Not sure if he launched as hard as he could tho.

Check out the Vargas Turbo Technologies (VTT) drop in turbo. They have a thread on here about two variants. I believe it's called the gc/gc+ kinda like the w1 and w2. I heard it's capable of 400hp if the fuel is there, but we run out of fuel about 350whp on E85.

They're new to the civics but big for bmws from what I could find.
Thanks for the tips. You should like the new clutch. An upgraded clutch and flywheel in these cars really makes things more enjoyable and confident. I've perused the thread on the Vargas. I'll dig deeper into it. I have a RMM as well. 27won 70a street. Def is a game changer. For the better. Love it. Yes, you get NVH. But a nice trade off with the better connection to the car and responsiveness. I have not officially raced any cars. Not my thing these days. I got pulled over once for street racing back in the day. Since then, been keeping it cool. The things I do are for my own personal pleasure.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love your coupe. So jealous. I wanted one. But wife & kids though....

I will have one someday. Cheers!

edit: So those are tesla wheels? They look like 17's, no? Or do u just have fatter sidewalls>?

Last edited:

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Love your coupe. So jealous. I wanted one. But wife & kids though....

I will have one someday. Cheers!

edit: So those are tesla wheels? They look like 17's, no? Or do u just have fatter sidewalls>?
18’s 40/245 had 255 on before but it rubbed sometimes

lone_kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for the tips. You should like the new clutch. An upgraded clutch and flywheel in these cars really makes things more enjoyable and confident. I've perused the thread on the Vargas. I'll dig deeper into it. I have a RMM as well. 27won 70a street. Def is a game changer. For the better. Love it. Yes, you get NVH. But a nice trade off with the better connection to the car and responsiveness. I have not officially raced any cars. Not my thing these days. I got pulled over once for street racing back in the day. Since then, been keeping it cool. The things I do are for my own personal pleasure.
I ordered the Action Clutch Ironman, sprung. Hopefully getting it installed in the next week or two. I don't race too much, usually people I know and even then its not often. For the most part its spirited canyon runs with a couple friends tho.

I saw a clip of a FBO Si against an A90 Supra (stock) on the freeway. Si was ahead by maybe a fender until about 130mph. People are definitely overlooking these like the K motors back in the day.
Sponsored