Side markers. Smoke?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Hey all,

Im sure im not the only one that noticed the smoked out/gunmetal side markers on the prototype type r. Anyone been able to locate these? If not im sure someone will make them in the future.. But if theyve been found id love to get them instead of clear... However im thinking of getting some automotive grade transparent black paint and mess around with sone stuff likebthe reverse lights and might test it out on some clear markers..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
How many coats? Didnt realize plastidip could be that transparent.. Only ever used it on solid surfaces

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh wait haha just noticed u stenciled it with stickers or sonething... Hmmm some ideas there

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wait haha just noticed u stenciled it with stickers or sonething... Hmmm some ideas there
I used alphabet stickers I bought at some craft store. Stick them on and plasti dip over them for three coats. Then take the stickers off and plasti dip another two to three coats so the letters don't stand out too much. I got the inspiration from https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/product/2016-civic-front-side-markers-carbon-civic. Too cheap to spend $20 on vinyl overlay :) The alphabet sticker idea was from some youtube video.

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I think the letters are a bit too big. They're screaming "TURBO"! If I were to do them again, I would use smaller letters and maybe an extra one or or two coats to make them more subtle.

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
correct me if im wrong but isnt doing any sort of tint or changing the color of the sidemarkers from yellow will result in a ticket in CA?
I remember reading that as long as the light is amber, it's ok.

OP
OP
Draken187

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I remember reading that as long as the light is amber, it's ok.
Makes no sense. As many cars dont even have side markers... Stupid law imho

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Makes no sense. As many cars dont even have side markers... Stupid law imho
A lot of them are integrated into the headlight housing. You may not see them, but they're there on pretty much all newer cars if I'm not mistaken.

onyxaltezza

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Tourng
Color matched does it for me. We carry them (OEM Honda), and pre prepaint them as well.

In Orchid White Pearl-

Honda Civic 10th gen Side markers. Smoke? LS1