Merk110

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any tips on keeping the side markers from falling off? My unity performance side markers came off and would not stay on even after bending the plastic clip. Reinstalled my OEM ones and they also will not stay on. Car is 7 months old with no accidents.
Sponsored

PMM_FK7

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I remember seeing unity performance posting a video of adjusting the fender itself (the square hole area). Have you tried that?

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
It sucks that these issues are still there. I was interested in those but with the water seal issue and fact that sometimes they don't fit. The wait time and price don't seem worth it.

OP
OP

Merk110

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I remember seeing unity performance posting a video of adjusting the fender itself (the square hole area). Have you tried that?
I just looked at that video to use a screw driver to kind of bend the tab to create a hook and that seemed to make it fit more snug.

JetLife420

First Name
Seal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch (CVT)
Country flag
I used the clear RTV silicone on the back tabs before I installed them. It keeps them in place and stays rubbery so its also easy to remove if you have to.

D0n.Quix0te

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FL5
Country flag
I ran into a installation issue as well. I ended up using a plier and towel to close the gap (to refrain from breaking the side marker itself) and that managed to keep the side marker in place and I haven't had any issues since.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With others have mentioned, I used pliers to bend the car frame a bit. The plastic on the markers themselves is fine, it just need more "wiggle room" to snap into place is all.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a closer look at the "tab pull method". It was taught to me by a long-time 10th Gen friend who's had similar experiences with other side marker he tried requiring some extra leverage. Not everyone has to do it, but when we're talking tolerances of millimetres fitment could vary - during testing in 2018, I didn't need to do the tab pull method on my car. Notice how after the tab pull, in the end I reach behind and pull the metal tab closer while applying pressure on the lens. Once they're in, they stay in - I've installed around 300 sets myself, and put my car through all-seasons including track days :)

In regards to them being sealed against the elements, I've proven with all past batches that they're well protected (video on product page). However, I had a few sets from the last batch in June that had a 0.5-0.7mm shorter base for the socket to sit on which lead to a loose fitting socket = gap for moisture. The easy fix after drying them out for any current customers has been a slightly larger rubber o-ring (16x3.5mm vs. 16x3mm factory size), but rest assured it's being corrected + working on a version with sequential turn signals.
Sponsored