Side marker fell off

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just got done with a road trip and found my right side marker just hanging for dear life by the bulb cord.

Does this side marker look like it has a clip snapped off? It doesn’t click into place and it kinda just goes in and out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side marker fell off FFB9CFF8-ECC0-44DF-A27C-3D4BABEA348F
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I don't know .

You may see if some clip or broken tab . Or thread hole for screw.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCH

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clip looks mostly normal from what I can see, it should just snap into place. Has the car every had any damage upfront? I know with mine it was hit upfront on the drivers side near the side marker. Even after it was repaired and put back together the new bumper and fender never seemed to sit 100% flush with each other like the originals did. So when I switched out my side markers I had a hell of a time getting the drivers side one to snap into place fully but it eventually did with some work.

-R

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know with my clear ones I installed one and thought it was in all the way as it stayed in place, but when I installed the other there was a nice loud reassuring click when I pressed it in. I didn't hear that on the other side! So I went back to the other side and gave it a firmer press and then heard the nice click - similar to @SangreRaven 's experience. It could be yours wasn't in all the way from the factory especially if you can't get it to click. Pop your other one off and back in to get a feel for the click you should be aiming for.

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Clip looks mostly normal from what I can see, it should just snap into place. Has the car every had any damage upfront? I know with mine it was hit upfront on the drivers side near the side marker. Even after it was repaired and put back together the new bumper and fender never seemed to sit 100% flush with each other like the originals did. So when I switched out my side markers I had a hell of a time getting the drivers side one to snap into place fully but it eventually did with some work.

-R
I had my fender replaced and yeah, it’s not 100% flush with my bumper :/. I just kept pushing and eventually it kinda went in. It’s not perfect and feels like it could pop out again with the vibration of the car after a while, but it’s set for now. At least it ain’t broken :thumbsup:! Thanks for the help!

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
the plastic clip's bump should have a little give for you to bend forward a bitty bit. That should be enough to get it to stay.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my fender replaced and yeah, it’s not 100% flush with my bumper :/. I just kept pushing and eventually it kinda went in. It’s not perfect and feels like it could pop out again with the vibration of the car after a while, but it’s set for now. At least it ain’t broken :thumbsup:! Thanks for the help!
Yeah, usually after a fender replacement you see that issue. You can get it to snap in eventually, just keep at it. As long as you can pull on it a little without it popping back out you should be good.

-R

Choc0latethunder

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can try bending forward the metal hole that the clip snaps into with a screwdriver. Makes it easier for the side marker to click in
Sponsored