Side body molding

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag
Unfortunately, I doubt anyone saved the template after the install, it's pretty much a one and done item. The install is very easy, just take your time lining up the template.
Thanks man, I am not worried about doing the install, just where the moldings would go. I just thought of something; even if someone took measurements from the top of the curve on the door to the bottom and top of their molding it would give me a good indication. Four measurements would do it; each end of the two moldings on one side of the car.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know. I put the molding on right after my first door ding. It partially covers up that little ding and no more dings since. Just do it. You'll have some peace of mind for the future. While you're going back and forth deciding, you might get another ding. Just saying.

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just so you know. I put the molding on right after my first door ding. It partially covers up that little ding and no more dings since. Just do it. You'll have some peace of mind for the future. While you're going back and forth deciding, you might get another ding. Just saying.
Appreciate the advice. I'm not waffling on whether to get the molding rather if I need to get the ding/scratch fixed before I put on the molding. Obviously, that is dependent on where the molding goes. If the molding doesn't cover then I need to get it fixed first and then apply the molding. If the molding does cover it, then I will DIY the scratches to prevent the possibility of rusting before I (or the dealer) install the molding.

robsmail1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Instead of floating at the middle, I think the EDM version looks so much better by sitting on the body lines on the door.

Part No.: 08P05-TEA-610A Crystal Black Pearl
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6Q0A Platinum White Pearl
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-650A Lunar Silver Metallic
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-660A Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-680A Rallye Red
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6J0A Polished Metal Metallic
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6K0A Sonic Grey Pearl
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6R0A Obsidian Blue Metallic

1597647653518.png
I am getting ready to get the body side molding on my new 2021 hatchback sport touring tomorrow and just found this. I think this looks SO much better than having it right across the center like it usually is. Where did you find this photo or is this what you did? I wish I could find more pics of this option...

robsmail1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I am getting ready to get the body side molding on my new 2021 hatchback sport touring tomorrow and just found this. I think this looks SO much better than having it right across the center like it usually is. Where did you find this photo or is this what you did? I wish I could find more pics of this option...

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sort of a bump. I was wondering if anyone still had their template and could post the measurements. I've looked online and can't find them. Any help is appreciated.

Jakupdoesnt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a quick question. I want to get the door moldings but I see 2 different part numbers
O8P05-TGG-130
O8P05-TGG-131
do I have to purchase these 2?

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
I have a quick question. I want to get the door moldings but I see 2 different part numbers
O8P05-TGG-130
O8P05-TGG-131
do I have to purchase these 2?
I think (maybe) that the 131 might be slightly longer and can't be used if you have the door edge trim.
Sponsored