First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
The template just flips over.
I thought about that for a sec too...but if you got it right the first time looking right at the instructions then just do the same after the flip.

I used that blue painters masking tape to stick the template on and do fold and re fold the template tabs to face out...guess it props and lines the molding up and helps you pull the template off.
That video above is pretty clear.
do they come painted to match or do you have to paint them?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
do they come painted to match or do you have to paint them?
OEM is definitely color matched. I have them on my sedan and like them a lot. Some side molding is an eyesore. Honda did a great job giving their molding some style.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding moldings

Last edited:

LoneWoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T w/ Sensing
Country flag
Also interested in seeing whether these will actually protect against door dings. From photos, it doesn't look like it sticks out much at all, but if it provides even moderate protection, I'll probably get it. The parking lot at the university has people who don't really care if they bump their doors against your car.

papashack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2005 civic.
Country flag
Also interested in seeing whether these will actually protect against door dings. From photos, it doesn't look like it sticks out much at all, but if it provides even moderate protection, I'll probably get it. The parking lot at the university has people who don't really care if they bump their doors against your car.
After 4 yrs I can say these work well. Many marks on my guards but none right above them. I suggest to get them and the edge guards to any civic owner.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Anybody get the side body molding, especially on a hatch? I'm considering it to protect the door, but I'm not sure how it will look. Anyone with a pic to share?
I'm a fan of it. I think it stretches the car for a better look.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Instead of floating at the middle, I think the EDM version looks so much better by sitting on the body lines on the door.

Part No.: 08P05-TEA-610A Crystal Black Pearl
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6Q0A Platinum White Pearl
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-650A Lunar Silver Metallic
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-660A Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-680A Rallye Red
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6J0A Polished Metal Metallic
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6K0A Sonic Grey Pearl
Part No.: 08P05-TEA-6R0A Obsidian Blue Metallic

Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding 1597647653518

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i bought the side molding right away back in 2017. i also bought door edges, front/headlights/side mirror and rear xpel protection. it helped but people who park next to me are nasty they have dinged the paint off of my door handle there's dents on the sides of my car.

what im saying is you can buy the molding it will help a little bit but suvs will find a way to ding your baby.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding IMG_1225.JPG

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i bought the side molding right away back in 2017. i also bought door edges, front/headlights/side mirror and rear xpel protection. it helped but people who park next to me are nasty they have dinged the paint off of my door handle there's dents on the sides of my car.

what im saying is you can buy the molding it will help a little bit but suvs will find a way to ding your baby.

IMG_1225.JPG
That sucks. The door molding is not the furthest out point on the door? It seems to me that the EDM version is a lot of thicker.

IMO the door molding won't help much when someone attacks you with their rear doors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding 1597650771051

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That sucks. The door molding is not the furthest out point on the door? It seems to me that the EDM version is a lot of thicker.

IMO the door molding won't help much when someone attacks you with their rear doors.

1597650771051.png
that's the one! but on suvs its higher so it hits your side mirror with ease. lol

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag
Hey all. Got my first door scratches/ding the other day and immediately thought of that Travolta scene in Pulp Fiction. They look to be right about where the molding would go, so, I am definitely buying the OEM moldings and have watched the Honda YouTube on installation. Now I have to figure out if I need to fix the scratches (they are through the paint) professionally before putting on the molding or will they cover them up after I do some DIY to prevent rust. To figure that out I was wondering if someone could provide the template and molding measurements so I could rig one up with cardboard (or something similar) to get a good indication. Yeah, I could buy the molding first but I am waffling on doing it myself or having the dealer do it so I get that 1 yr warranty.

Thanks in advance!

BTW, I got a chip on a door handle as well, but that is easily fixed with those fairly inexpensive door handle covers. Anyone have experience with those?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. Got my first door scratches/ding the other day and immediately thought of that Travolta scene in Pulp Fiction. They look to be right about where the molding would go, so, I am definitely buying the OEM moldings and have watched the Honda YouTube on installation. Now I have to figure out if I need to fix the scratches (they are through the paint) professionally before putting on the molding or will they cover them up after I do some DIY to prevent rust. To figure that out I was wondering if someone could provide the template and molding measurements so I could rig one up with cardboard (or something similar) to get a good indication. Yeah, I could buy the molding first but I am waffling on doing it myself or having the dealer do it so I get that 1 yr warranty.

Thanks in advance!

BTW, I got a chip on a door handle as well, but that is easily fixed with those fairly inexpensive door handle covers. Anyone have experience with those?
Unfortunately, I doubt anyone saved the template after the install, it's pretty much a one and done item. The install is very easy, just take your time lining up the template.
Sponsored