Side body molding

khory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring, 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate
Anybody get the side body molding, especially on a hatch? I'm considering it to protect the door, but I'm not sure how it will look. Anyone with a pic to share?
Sponsored

canalrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I got the Body Side Molding, but I have a sedan. I think BSM completes the look. It also may help prevent door dings.

You can go to the US Honda Auto site for the civic hatchback and get an idea of what it will look like.
http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-hatchback#build-price
Click on the car color you have, then scroll down to Exterior Accessories choose Body Side Molding and it will update the image with BSM.

This should give you an idea of what it will look like.

Barry.

HK_P30s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX Sonic Grey
Country flag
+1 on the body side molding. I have the Sonic Gray Hatch and installed these suckers and love them. Yes, the flat sided look without is very nice, but I think it looks better with the moldings. That and if they can prevent a ding or three, even better. Sorry, to lazy to go take a pick :(

Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback - Rallye Red, 1997 Civic HX Coupe 5 Speed Manual - Milano Red (sold)
Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding Rallye Red 1 side moldin

Here's a picture by an unknown photographer that I saved because I was on the fence as well. I think it looks decent but ultimately I decided not to add it for now.

The YouTube video showed me that it's a very straightforward install (with the template) if I ever decide to do it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the fence as well but leaning towards getting them for my sedan. I unfortunately have to park in a parking lot and got my first door ding the other day on my rear door... exactly in the spot the moldings go. I've had moldings on other cars I've owned but thought I'd go molding-less on the Civic but now I'm not sure.

SonicTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback w/ Honda Sensing, 2013 Mazda MX-5 GT
Side moldings were the first thing I ordered for my Civic hatch. I haven't taken any good pics of the car since installing them, but as you've seen in the pics above, they look good and more importantly they are functional. I've also installed splashguards, door edge protectors, rear bumper appliqué and I have door sill scuff guards on the way. I prefer to avoid damage when possible rather than wait until it has happened to do something about it.

Madbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealership installed mine before i ever had a choice. I really like them though!
Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding 20170801_204322
Whenever i get a bug for OEM addons i go to the honda website and build it. check it out!
Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding 14
You can see I am debating getting the garnish.... I still cant decide.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really like the side molding. It's definitely more for looks than anything else, but it could possibly save you from some dings. As others said, it completes or complements the looks of the car.

Love it on my CBP touring.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership installed mine before i ever had a choice. I really like them though!
20170801_204322.jpg
Whenever i get a bug for OEM addons i go to the honda website and build it. check it out!
14.jpg
You can see I am debating getting the garnish.... I still cant decide.
The side molding does look very good. I'm just not a fan of that lower chrome garnish. The chrome around the windows is enough IMO. I actually went ahead and ordered the molding. I may just position it an inch or two higher than the stock template because I think it may be more functional against dings that way.

papashack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2005 civic.
Country flag
I purchased the side molding and door edge right away and the look is great. Only gripe is it appears to low to catch most doors. Should be 2-3 inches higher but might not look as good.

Honda Civic 10th gen Side body molding IMG_3279.JPG

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Put mine on my black hatch a few weeks ago, debated on it for a while due to the price, I've done them on every other vehicle I've had and they were always around $110, not 160+ like I'm finding now. Not entirely convinced they will protect from much being this car sits so much lower than most around here and the guards are low too but I like how much more solid they make the flimsy door metal. Looks better than I expected as well.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a dumb question for those of you that installed the moldings. It only come with a single template for the right side and says to turn it over on the blank side for the left. I think I have it in the right orientation but it isn't marked. Anybody have pics of the correct way to do it?

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
I've got a dumb question for those of you that installed the moldings. It only come with a single template for the right side and says to turn it over on the blank side for the left. I think I have it in the right orientation but it isn't marked. Anybody have pics of the correct way to do it?
The template just flips over.
I thought about that for a sec too...but if you got it right the first time looking right at the instructions then just do the same after the flip.

I used that blue painters masking tape to stick the template on and do fold and re fold the template tabs to face out...guess it props and lines the molding up and helps you pull the template off.
That video above is pretty clear.
Sponsored

Last edited: