Si with the CVT?

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Agreed. DCT with paddles like the ILX would be phenomenal.
DCT would be a perfect fit for those seeking an automatic Si. Just wondering how good/robust a Honda DCT would be though?

I know VW has the DSG thing down pretty nicely; but Honda seems relatively new to the DCT thing and I seem to recall reading about plenty of issues with the Honda DCTs in the Acura lineup.
Sponsored

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An SI with a CTV lmao, that will be the day. I firmly believe Honda will keep the SI manual only and IMO that's the way it should stay. If you want something fun and probably sporty(er) go with new hatchback sport...if you want a hatchback.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
They make Porche's in automatic transmission... Does that make that car something less?
Yes. Yes it does. Hence Porsche capitulating and releasing the 911R after the backlash they faced with not even offering a manual with the GT3.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
Yes. Yes it does. Hence Porsche capitulating and releasing the 911R after the backlash they faced with not even offering a manual with the GT3.
Can you explain how a car that is made in automatic and manual changes the perception of the car?

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
But if they make manual AND automatic, don't you then get to show off your bigger dick to the clearly inferior smaller automatic dick?
No, because then people just seeing your car doesn't automatically make them think your dong is massive, because the car is sold as automatic too. People would have to actually talk to you to realize (quickly, because it'll be the first thing you say to anyone who approaches you unless you do CrossFit or are a vegan, then it'll be second) that you drive a manual.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
lmao! This has me rolling!
No, because then people just seeing your car doesn't automatically make them think your dong is massive, because the car is sold as automatic too. People would have to actually talk to you to realize (quickly, because it'll be the first thing you say to anyone who approaches you unless you do CrossFit or are a vegan, then it'll be second) that you drive a manual.
Thanks for clearing it up for me guys! TIL! :thumbsup:

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you explain how a car that is made in automatic and manual changes the perception of the car?
Who cares about the perception? Automatic vs manual is about the driving experience. All things being equal, a car with a manual is more involving and therefore has a better driving experience than the same car with an automatic. It's practically universal.

You anti-manual guys sure seem to care a lot about what people think of your car. And dick size, for some reason.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
Who cares about the perception? Automatic vs manual is about the driving experience. All things being equal, a car with a manual is more involving and therefore has a better driving experience than the same car with an automatic. It's practically universal.

You anti-manual guys sure seem to care a lot about what people think of your car. And dick size, for some reason.
Not sure where you lost my opinion on the matter (I don't care manual vs auto (I do prefer manual)). But I wasn't anti-manual.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure where you lost my opinion on the matter (I don't care manual vs auto (I do prefer manual)). But I wasn't anti-manual.
Before I apologize for the mix up, where do you stand on pork roll vs taylor ham?

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag

I'm not "anti manual", I'm more "anti-douchebag claiming manuals are the only way a real car should exist". New automatic transmissions have distinct advantages over manuals, which is the reason all supercars and high performance cars are coming in automatic models now.

Also, "more involving" is definitely not the same as "better experience"
Sponsored