Si with a 6 cylinder, welcome or not?

froidpython

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Si
Would you welcome an N/A 6 cylinder on the new Si? I know I would welcome that over a 1.5 turbo :)

I was looking at some old Volkswagen GTI VR6 videos out there and this little car had a straight 6 cylinder in it. Then I thought, I wouldn't mind having something like that in the new Si :)
Sponsored

CB22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between cars
A few years ago I would have said I would take an NA V6 over a turbo 4 any day of the week but my opinion is slowly changing based on some pretty good 4 cyl engines out in the market. Ford's Ecoboost engines in the Mustang and new Focus RS are nothing to balk at. I've yet to try the 1.5L turbo but so far the owner feedback seems pretty good. Is this all the engine that we're expecting in the next Si though ?

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Would you welcome an N/A 6 cylinder on the new Si? I know I would welcome that over a 1.5 turbo :)

I was looking at some old Volkswagen GTI VR6 videos out there and this little car had a straight 6 cylinder in it. Then I thought, I wouldn't mind having something like that in the new Si :)
Not quite a straight-6. It was a narrow-angle (15 degrees, IIRC) V6. But if you really want a V6 in the new Civic, you should probably just check out the Accord.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We need a 4 cylinder with huge v10 pistons is what we need.. hahaaa

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Hell yea I'd love to have an N/A 6 cylinder, but that's a pipe dream I think. Don't think we'll even see a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder. Wish we could just get a 8200 RPM screaming N/A 4 cyl like the 8th gen Si had.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Hell yea I'd love to have an N/A 6 cylinder, but that's a pipe dream I think. Don't think we'll even see a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder. Wish we could just get a 8200 RPM screaming N/A 4 cyl like the 8th gen Si had.
Buy an 8th gen and mod it like mine :) My car makes ~230hp to the crank with 8700rpm redline :)
Sponsored