Si widebody Kit, Seibon

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Definitely :thumbsup: doing a great service to the community

I too am in the boat of trying to get my Si as close to Type R levels, but at this point now I've settled on the decision that I'll probably never get there unless I go over my budget of under Type R MSRP price. Plus I already have a hard time not going too fast with my Si and I would probably be wasting away all that power of the Type R with my limited amounts of driving. Plus, I honestly hate attention, so people coming up and asking me about the car would annoy the crap out of me. I'm glad you are enjoying the Type R upgrade! I remember you being one of the OG members when the Si was first being released.
Thanks man, appreciate it. I agree - being low key is nice sometimes. For every person that gives me a thumbs up and makes me smile, I get 5 people who try to "show me who's boss" (usually when I'm minding my own business, cruising along at 5 mph over the speed limit in the right lane). I'd imagine that anyone who gets this widebody will have to deal with similar crazies.
Sponsored

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Wow! This kit looks really great, the price is a little hard to come up with, but it looks like you get a lot for the money.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had this discussion over in the Si chat, and the sensible ones understood that the two cars are in very different categories so Si's shouldn't be aiming to beat Type R's just because of upped hp and tq numbers once modified. The Si is a friendly daily with sporty credentials, and the Type R is a track scalpel which Honda spent the $ on difference to give it better suspension, chassis, aero, brakes, and transmission. The extra power was just a part of the package, and for Si owners to think that just by adding power they are beating "Type R's", you are all mislead. If you really want to beat or be compared to a Type R, transplant the whole underpinnings of a donor CTR, install this widebody or make the CTR body parts fit, and then say that you've created a better car. Who's up for that challenge? If not, then please stay put.

Enjoy the Sport Injected model from Si, and if you're building it like I am then don't worry about the CTR. As of last night I have a FBO Si, and backed it up with a Brembo BBK as well but nowhere do I think I'm building a Type R fighter. I'm building a unique Si as that's what I set out to do, along with many others who have well built Si's. Swinging an extra $150 tops monthly for a Type R payment would've been an easy proposition, almost cheat-code levels of easy because there's no extra work to piece together the parts + labour + research time etc. I like others chose the aftermarket route so I can make my Si my own, and more power to those making their CTR their own through mods.

This body kit is for the person who wants a unique sedan, because you will be 1 of a handful that will ever rock it. The 20,000+ Type R's all have the same widebody so saying that trading for a CTR is better than this body kit is the wrong way to look at it. Be happy with what you have :)

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
Thoughts on this type r style Wong for coupe

Honda Civic 10th gen Si widebody Kit, Seibon EA83CE3D-AF8C-4F6F-91C5-2433AB2C14ED

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Having gone down this X vs Y road before, I am going to slowly exit this thread now before things get ugly. :fear:

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having gone down this X vs Y road before, I am going to slowly exit this thread now before things get ugly. :fear:
Yeah man, this was not pointed at anyone it's just sharing experience from years of modifying and building, and learning that modifications should largely be taken for the state of expression. There's always a faster car than the one you've spent the money on modifying, so folks just need to chill out and enjoy what they have :)

I installed my 27won DP and FP combo last night, and was giggling all the way home. I had to brake hard one instance, and the Brembo BBK I also installed gave me solid assurance of the upgrade so I am happy as ever... plus the setup looks great! :D

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah man, this was not pointed at anyone it's just sharing experience from years of modifying and building, and learning that modifications should largely be taken for the state of expression. There's always a faster car than the one you've spent the money on modifying, so folks just need to chill out and enjoy what they have :)

I installed my 27won DP and FP combo last night, and was giggling all the way home. I had to brake hard one instance, and the Brembo BBK I also installed gave me solid assurance of the upgrade so I am happy as ever... plus the setup looks great! :D
All good. There are definitely days that I miss my FBO SI, mostly because I felt like it was my own. I didn’t enjoy the feeling of my stock SI all that much, so modding was a necessity for me. The stock R is more than enough as is, though driving it stock sometimes feels like I took the “pay to win” approach. As such, I’ll probably start modding it soon.

2019SIRallye

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan
Country flag
I wouldn't do the kit, but I like the bumper vents better than the fake ones.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
What ever happened to the update on this?