ChefBoyardeez10

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC3
Country flag
No ... based on my experience with my Garage Line spacers.
The spacers come with their own threaded studs and lug nuts ... so you use the set of spacer lug nuts to secure the spacers to the existing hubs of the car, then use your stock lug nuts to attach the wheels to the spacers.
Garage Line recommends 20mm front spacers and 25mm rear spacers (if you are going to run a staggered spacer set up) ... but I've seen folks in this thread using 25mm up front, and 20 in the rear. It's really just personal preference. I really like the way mine look ... and I haven't experienced any negative affect on the steering.
thanks! I’ll be ordering them soon just wanted to see how they held up. How long have they been on your car, stock wheels, stock suspension? Any autox?
Sponsored

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks! I’ll be ordering them soon just wanted to see how they held up. How long have they been on your car, stock wheels, stock suspension? Any autox?
Stock wheels.
They have held up fine (been on the car for 5,500 miles).
I just recently removed them, during my last oil change / tire rotation, because I want to do some autox ... but wheel spacers aren't allowed in the GS class that the Si races in (because they increase the track of the car, thus theoretically increase the stability).

I have made no suspension changes (because I plan to autox), and have had no problems with them. Considering selling the spacers, because I'm looking to buy new wheels and tires, but I haven't decided.

ChefBoyardeez10

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC3
Country flag
Stock wheels.
They have held up fine (been on the car for 5,500 miles).
I just recently removed them, during my last oil change / tire rotation, because I want to do some autox ... but wheel spacers aren't allowed in the GS class that the Si races in (because they increase the track of the car, thus theoretically increase the stability).

I have made no suspension changes (because I plan to autox), and have had no problems with them. Considering selling the spacers, because I'm looking to buy new wheels and tires, but I haven't decided.
I’d take them off your hands if you are actually getting rid of em, let me know or PM me!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring coupe
Country flag
Bringing a old thread back sorry. Have a 2020 Coupe and can't decide between spacer combos. Which would be best 20mm F/R or 20mm/25mm? Might lower soon also with Pro Kit springs. Thanks for help.

TripleDeckerPBJ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Bringing a old thread back sorry. Have a 2020 Coupe and can't decide between spacer combos. Which would be best 20mm F/R or 20mm/25mm? Might lower soon also with Pro Kit springs. Thanks for help.
I'm curious as well! I'd be debating on just doing 20/20, or 20/25. I almost feel the staggered look might look a little better, since the rear fenders have a larger gap at some angles.

I'm also debating between the GarageLine vs FKX spacers. Anyone have experience with the FKX ones on here? Only have seen GarageLine posts in this thread so far ?

I'm on the pro kit so I'll probably have to bend the fender liner it seems lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh as an update: finally got my GarageLine 20/25mm (F/R) combo recently and installed them while on the Pro-Kit springs. I have yet to take better, more representative photos, but here is what I have had so far (no good closer shots yet tho):
IMG_20201023_172032.jpg
Point Blur_Oct172020_153947.jpg
IMG_20201023_194056.jpg
Looking sexy!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was just admiring your ride actually! Feels like we're roughly the same in regard to yellow fog lights, mudguards and whatnot ? Thanks to you I saw a notif in this thread and decided to share too :3
Love your rear lights tint , I think I'm going to do the same on mine as well ??

TripleDeckerPBJ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Love your rear lights tint , I think I'm going to do the same on mine as well ??
Thanks! I was cheap and did my own cutting/application of the tint actually lmao. It works, but up close, I know where the imperfections are so I get picky about it ? I know there are precut ones that would've been much easier lolol, but I'd recommend the tint overall!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
For those of you running spacers.

What I'm looking for is a slight increase in "center of gravity", "steering wheel feedback", "softer ride" and of course greater grip.

My question is does adding 20mm or so to our cars change any type of "feel" in any of these areas?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those of you running spacers.

What I'm looking for is a slight increase in "center of gravity", "steering wheel feedback", "softer ride" and of course greater grip.

My question is does adding 20mm or so to our cars change any type of "feel" in any of these areas?
I didn't notice ANY of those things.

Increasing steering wheel feedback isn't really possible, given the electric power steering pump.
If you want a softer ride, buy a LX, EX or Touring model.
If you want an "increase in center of gravity", buy a CR-V.

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@GarageLine.com or anybody:
What are your thoughts on anti-seize with wheel spacers?
Was thinking of putting some on the back face of the spacer but leave the threads alone.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@GarageLine.com or anybody:
What are your thoughts on anti-seize with wheel spacers?
Was thinking of putting some on the back face of the spacer but leave the threads alone.
I believe red threadlocker is recommended for the threads, or else you may have to occasionally re-torque them.

It's a b*tch to get off however. I ran the garageline spacers for a few months with my stock wheels, but didn't really like the feel. You're adding more unsprung weight, more components to a system that could potentially fail, and it's more prone to tramlining due to the increase in scrub radius.

Not worth the look, IMO. You're better off staying away from wheel spacers completely, if possible.
Sponsored