Dman302

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 touring
Country flag
I’ve been driving a 2020 touring for a year and have the chance to jump to one of the last si units around. I drive 30,000 miles a year and plan to keep the car stock and in total until I hit 110-120000 miles and sell. I’ve seen a few notes about cabin rattles. Are they worse than other models? Is suspension a cause. Any other issues I should be aware of. This car will be purchased sight unseen...going 200 miles to pick it up.
Sponsored

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
The only rattles I've heard is from natural causes i.e. change in the cup hold or in the door. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything.

Edit: Unless I've become so used to it, that I don't notice it. But I never did so there's that.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
The rattles are most likely the crumbs, junk or change in cup holders, glove box, side pockets or the underbody plate if you lost a few screws when people did their oil change. Only way suspension would clunk would be taking the car rally racing or shoddy/improper suspension mods

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Jeez is a civic the cheapest compact car you can get from Honda.
It will rattle one way or another.
Just enjoy it.

brendonsiX

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI
Country flag
I’ve been driving a 2020 touring for a year and have the chance to jump to one of the last si units around. I drive 30,000 miles a year and plan to keep the car stock and in total until I hit 110-120000 miles and sell. I’ve seen a few notes about cabin rattles. Are they worse than other models? Is suspension a cause. Any other issues I should be aware of. This car will be purchased sight unseen...going 200 miles to pick it up.
Seeing you are from Canada as myself, my 2017 with 30 000km on it is a rattlebox as is but even more in the cold haha, you just get used to it considering the price of the car. Perhaps newer models are better, I can't speak for those. But interior is still better than a majority of cars in its price class and sometimes above, like Subarus.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
my car sounds like a spacex shuttle coming back down to earth. but i have a RMM too so

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I upgraded from the touring to the R and I know it's a bit different but my Buddy's Si with mods and a tune is pretty close to the R and is an amazing value for the $13k price difference haha. I would jump on a 10th gen Si if you want the opportunity to drive one. Especially if you like to drive spirited at all.

The creaks and rattles will be random, there's no correlation with any of the models. Luck of the draw. But if you get some, and they bother you enough, they can be fixed by disassembling the part that rattles and use some foam tape.

OP
OP

Dman302

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 touring
Country flag
I did grab one of the last ‘new’ ones in Ontario. Demo with 1800km. Such a tremendous car. It’s better, quieter and more fun than the touring in every possible way. Thanks for the responses guys!!