SI vs NON-SI

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The Si is a very comfortable ride

I've driven both the Si and the Sport Hatch and it's a night and day difference as the Si seats are really top notch while the Sport Hatch seats leave a lot to be desired. However, I wouldn't mind having the Sport Hatch because I really, really could use the extra room.
Thanks - it's hard to find an Si to even sit in, but 2020s should be out soon. I suspect the next gen Si will come in hatchback since every body style will be made in the US. Hatch makes up 20% of Civic sales, so an Si would make sense.

Don't feel like waiting 2 more years though, my 2017 will have 120k miles by then.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks - it's hard to find an Si to even sit in, but 2020s should be out soon. I suspect the next gen Si will come in hatchback since every body style will be made in the US. Hatch makes up 20% of Civic sales, so an Si would make sense.

Don't feel like waiting 2 more years though, my 2017 will have 120k miles by then.
Iā€™m gonna knock Swindon every chance I get until the plant is closed down. Thereā€™s just no pride in building the hatch there looking at some of quality issues with those cars. And Honda sells 10 cars here for every car that sells in the EU and its market share is shrinking there.

Good to know theyā€™re waking up to the failed experiment and will be building the hatch in the US. Canā€™t wait to see the next gen Civic. SiR (hatch) and multiple R trims, bring ā€˜em on!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Iā€™m gonna knock Swindon every chance I get until the plant is closed down. Thereā€™s just no pride in building the hatch there looking at some of quality issues with those cars. And Honda sells 10 cars here for every car that sells in the EU and its market share is shrinking there.

Good to know theyā€™re waking up to the failed experiment and will be building the hatch in the US. Canā€™t wait to see the next gen Civic. SiR (hatch) and multiple R trims, bring ā€˜em on!
Mine's been shockingly unreliable in some respects, yes. I expected that being a British car, lol.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Iā€™m gonna knock Swindon every chance I get until the plant is closed down. Thereā€™s just no pride in building the hatch there looking at some of quality issues with those cars.
I totally agree. A lot of the Swindon made hatches look like some bloke who took the piss the night before just goes up and down the line with a buffer ruining the paint jobs.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I hate to tell you this but whether it's Swindon or the plants in Canada or the US, the quality control on these cars leaves a lot to be desired.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I totally agree. A lot of the Swindon made hatches look like some bloke who took the piss the night before just goes up and down the line with a buffer ruining the paint jobs.
Is that Nellis AFB in your profile pic?

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure, and I can see why, because it's amazing. Kinda makes me want to get a Fit some day as a project car.
Fit with SI engine swap

Reactions: Myx

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
I do. but it's not on public roads like a Jackass. Most people who buy si's never use their potential
I know I dont and the whole reason I keep it stock. Maybe I get on it when merging onto the hwy or pulling out into traffic, but I dont drive crazy. There is a 2014/15 white coupe that is modified that runs through the street I live on in the early hours of the morning. I see it while walking my dog. The street I live on is a 30 mph residential neighborhood and this guy runs it up to 50 or 60. Now that is a jackass. One day either he is going to hit someone or something.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know I dont and the whole reason I keep it stock. Maybe I get on it when merging onto the hwy or pulling out into traffic, but I dont drive crazy. There is a 2014/15 white coupe that is modified that runs through the street I live on in the early hours of the morning. I see it while walking my dog. The street I live on is a 30 mph residential neighborhood and this guy runs it up to 50 or 60. Now that is a jackass. One day either he is going to hit someone or something.
I'm tuned but I mostly drive conservatively. When I do air it out on the highway though, that extra power is fantastic. It also helps in day to day traffic congestion because the lag is now mostly gone.

As far as driving in residential neighborhoods, I go slow. Years ago, a speed demon in a GTO killed my dog right in front of my house. Folks who drive like that are complete assholes.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hatchback, no moonroof and the look. That's why I don't trade my Sport for an Si. I prefer the hatch cause my trunk's always full, and prefer the hatch look to the sedan. The moonroof means my head touches the ceiling.
This aged beautifully. Couldn't resist the Si I see.
Sponsored