First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have owned a 2016 ext sedan and currently own a 2018 coupe. My differentiators,

In my ext when on a roundabout, the tires would squeal and I would fight the car for grip at 28 mph.

In my SI when on a roundabout, the tires do not squeal until I hit like 48 mph and the car has enough grip to do it easily till I am dizzy ha.

In my ext I drove it everywhere and it was my favorite car ever.

In my SI I drive it everywhere and people take pictures and give me thumbs up and stop me to talk about it and it is now my most favorite car ever.

Anyways. The grip and suspension is insanely better on every level. The pull in normal driving situations is so much better. If you need to go from 60 to 90 quickly or from 90 to 60 instantly it's much much better than the ext.

I loved my ext, but I fuckin adore my SI lol. It has improved my two hours a day driving into a stress reliever rather than stress causing experience.

Only drawback is the cloth seats. I really miss my leather setup in my sedan. Stitching and highlights feel a little teenageish for my tastes. They are apparently made out of really fine sandpaper, keeping clean sucks if you have dry skin.

Even with kids the backseat is basically same size as sedan, just has less headroom is all. Trunk can still hold the teams baseball gear. Miss having a spare though.

To me no brainer. Gotta go SI, the price differential is so low between other trim models, it's awesome as hell and still an amazing financial decision (well as much as it can be), so much bang for buck.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have owned a 2016 ext sedan and currently own a 2018 coupe. My differentiators,

In my ext when on a roundabout, the tires would squeal and I would fight the car for grip at 28 mph.

In my SI when on a roundabout, the tires do not squeal until I hit like 48 mph and the car has enough grip to do it easily till I am dizzy ha.

In my ext I drove it everywhere and it was my favorite car ever.

In my SI I drive it everywhere and people take pictures and give me thumbs up and stop me to talk about it and it is now my most favorite car ever.

Anyways. The grip and suspension is insanely better on every level. The pull in normal driving situations is so much better. If you need to go from 60 to 90 quickly or from 90 to 60 instantly it's much much better than the ext.

I loved my ext, but I fuckin adore my SI lol. It has improved my two hours a day driving into a stress reliever rather than stress causing experience.

Only drawback is the cloth seats. I really miss my leather setup in my sedan. Stitching and highlights feel a little teenageish for my tastes. They are apparently made out of really fine sandpaper, keeping clean sucks if you have dry skin.

Even with kids the backseat is basically same size as sedan, just has less headroom is all. Trunk can still hold the teams baseball gear. Miss having a spare though.

To me no brainer. Gotta go SI, the price differential is so low between other trim models, it's awesome as hell and still an amazing financial decision (well as much as it can be), so much bang for buck.
its true the si is worlds better than the ext or the sport. and the price difference is so minimal i dont k ow why anyone would go withthem over the si..

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
its true the si is worlds better than the ext or the sport. and the price difference is so minimal i dont k ow why anyone would go withthem over the si..
Only reason I can see anyone picking a Sport over an Si is the hatch. As for the EX-T it blows my mind as both cars are on two different levels, unless one can't drive a stick or chooses not to, the Si is the next best thing with the Civic moniker outside the Type R.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Only reason I can see anyone picking a Sport over an Si is the hatch. As for the EX-T it blows my mind as both cars are on two different levels, unless one can't drive a stick or chooses not to, the Si is the next best thing with the Civic moniker outside the Type R.
do any of your. shifts feel notchy going into gears with yoour si?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Very rarely, if its warmed up almost never. Going on 1 year and 11,500 miles.
does your clutch grab almost near the top of the pedal travel?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
does your clutch grab almost near the top of the pedal travel?
Yep. Gotten used to it by now though, so much so that it'd be weird driving a car with a clutch that engages perfectly in the middle.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yep. Gotten used to it by now though, so much so that it'd be weird driving a car with a clutch that engages perfectly in the middle.
its .really awkward for me still trying to shift with the garb point all the way at the top, eben after 5 months. it. make smooth shifting difficult a lot of tthe time.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
its .really awkward for me still trying to shift with the garb point all the way at the top, eben after 5 months. it. make smooth shifting difficult a lot of tthe time.
I think it’s easy to be super smooth in comfort mode. Sport takes more effort for me for whatever reason

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a pretty big difference

I had an LX Hatch 6spd pushing 24psi with some A/S 3+ tires for a year and a half.

Drove that car like I stole it everyday

I own a Si now with TSP Stage 1 and some PS4 tires, 600km in.

Si is on a completely different level in terms of handling, power, interior, & features.

Definitely worth the few grand over the non si unless you don't want to drive stick.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a pretty big difference

I had an LX Hatch 6spd pushing 24psi with some A/S 3+ tires for a year and a half.

Drove that car like I stole it everyday

I own a Si now with TSP Stage 1 and some PS4 tires, 600km in.

Si is on a completely different level in terms of handling, power, interior, & features.

Definitely worth the few grand over the non si unless you don't want to drive stick.
Any issues with the stock clutch holding that much boost in the LX and then the TSP tune in the Si?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Any issues with the stock clutch holding that much boost in the LX and then the TSP tune in the Si?
My LX clutch was fine until I did a couple of launches lol. Then it started slipping every so often.

No slipping on the Si as of yet but eventually it will. Though trying not to go WOT until I'm at least 3500rpm and only in 1-3 gear. WOT in 4th only at 4k rpm

Si definitely makes a lot more power than the non si on the same boost level. TSP also holds the power in the upper rpm a lot better

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
I know, old thread... But I wanted to weigh in on the si vs non si debate...

I have an ex-t that I bought in 2017 before the si came out. I had a '03 mdx that needed a tranny so I found a 6 speed Civic with the 1.5t in it as a replacement. Months later the si came out. I wish I would have waited the couple of months but couldn't go without a car and the motors were slated to be the same.

I am running ktuner on a custom tune with e85 (used to be straight but now I mix e50-e60) 22-25psi depending on the temperature (I live 6000 feet above sea level and my turbo is maxed out).

I have been tuned since 10k miles on ktuner stage 2 to start and bumped it up soon after when I switched to e85 on my custom tune that I wrote. I dynoed at 225hp and 280lb ft. I was then pro tuned by PFI here in Colorado and bumped up to 245hp and 295lbft. This was run for ~15k miles. I have recently been retuned with flex fuel at 255hp and 345lbft. I am currently at 31k miles with no signs of problems.

They are stout motors regardless of what you pick but if I could go back I would get an SI.