Si vs. Forte GT vs. GLI

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
Why are you guys all butt hurt ?? actually C&D is giving alot of point Si does not deserve!
Power train?.. you mean a 2.0L 235HP (258TQ) VS 1.5L 205HP (192 TQ?), AVAILABLE in DSG? better then any manual out there. Even tho i prefer manual, you gat to give cred where its due! Its the biggest and the heavies of the pack and still came in 2nd in the handling.
That being i never liked the mk7 jettas, body style id go for a mk7 4 door gti or stick to mk6.5 gli wiith gti/golf r turbo;)

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Why does everyone care about 0-60 so much? There are lots of factors that make a car fun to drive besides being 0.2 seconds faster 0-60.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Why does everyone care about 0-60 so much? There are lots of factors that make a car fun to drive besides being 0.2 seconds faster 0-60.
0-60 is a relatively useless item to compare anyway. Just like dynos, there are many factors. With a manual, better times can be had by a more skilled driver. When you see times published, they can vary depending on other factors like temps and elevation, tires, road surface, incline, wind etc...

Bottom line in terms of this Si versus GLI thing is, who cares? Si is better looking and handles better and has enough power to be plenty fun.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is an old thread, but I figured - what the hell. While everyone up above is talking GLI vs Si, I'm here to talk about the Forte GT 6sp I test drove the other day. I absolutely loved it! Right now, they're priced many thousands below similar Si's. Kias just don't hold their value...which is good for us buyers. I found one for 19.9k here in Ohio. No chance of getting an Si for anywhere close to 20k in this market (sadly).

It was equally fun to drive vs my Civic Hatch sport. Not to mention it was faster, sounded better (Sport mode opened up the exhaust sound), and had nicer comforts. I'm sold...just gotta get my wife on board and we'll add 1 as a third car. (Kids are just now turning driving age!)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the honest review. As a guy who has loved his Acura and Honda products as well as an Elantra GT and Forte SX, it's refreshing to see some objectivity here. That 1.6 turbo is a nice little engine and those Forte GTs look much better in person than in pics. As far as Kia resale value, I did really well in my trade for my current Civic.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To me this sounds like a competition between great ( the SI) and meh - the other two. Not that VW doesn't do some great interiors (except the one on the new R). Or that Kia gives you a lot for the money.
But neither of those seem half as appealing as the SI.
You got the right one.

Ben775

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jettas are girls cars:thumbsdown:
Sponsored