Si vs CTR: Honda Sales event

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had my heart set on a CTR, but right now Honda is offering a lease on the Si for $212/mo, less than what I’m paying for my EX.

The CTR is being offered for $511/mo. This makes the Si seem like a fabulous bargain.

Question for the group: is the CTR worth double the payment?

Do the smiles-per-miles add up?
If you have to ask, probably not.

Get the Si and I'll see you at the Dragon!
Sponsored

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I chose the SI because of practicality.

Coming from a MB-CLK350, my first choice was a C Coupe. I recently changed job and my work commute changed from 20KM to 100KM. Based on the lower cost of ownership (gas mileage, maintenance, etc), I bought the SI. I am more than happy that I saved $42K CDN in this decision.

I never did consider the CTR because of its boy racer look. I am an older guy with conservative taste. While the CTR is fun, I am not sure how often I would appreciate its capabilites. I live in Toronto and my daily commute consists of 45KM of highway traffic which would typically take 1-1.5 hours.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to be a devil's advocate..you could probably get a golf r or focus rs for cheap right now:stirthepot: lol

OP
OP
Browncoat3000

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d rather....

....than drive a Hyundai. :D

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's my $.02:
I am sure the CTR is a phenomenal machine, and I wouldn't have had an issue buying one. However, I needed something that I could daily and rack up miles on, got decent mileage, and was reliable. Besides the fact that the CTR would've required me to get new tires at least twice a year, the Si was everything I was looking for and more. If you want the CTR get it, but you will not be disappointed with an Si.

OP
OP
Browncoat3000

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's my $.02:
I am sure the CTR is a phenomenal machine, and I wouldn't have had an issue buying one. However, I needed something that I could daily and rack up miles on, got decent mileage, and was reliable. Besides the fact that the CTR would've required me to get new tires at least twice a year, the Si was everything I was looking for and more. If you want the CTR get it, but you will not be disappointed with an Si.
Thanks,
My thinking runs along these lines. I can afford a CTR, but my practical side says: hang on a minute.

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
I'm with you on this one. I have a few months and possibly even about a year before I can purchase a new car. I like the K20. I think it is an excellent platform. I am torn between the SI (since I have owned 2 prior) and the CTR. I had an RSX Type S as well and I'm curious to see what Acura/Honda releases for the 2020 model year. Like, what models will be Type S, and will there still be a Type R in 2020. Kind of wondering if the Odyssey Type R was an April Fools Joke.
Sponsored