• Total voters

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I will be moving out of the country within the next two years and will need to sell the car so I am using it sparingly.

I didn't plan on moving, if I had known I wouldn't have bought the Si.
Sponsored

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Daily driver, it's replacing a 2007 Honda Pilot. I'm doing small mods along the way but nothing too crazy. My loan is 60 mos. but like the OP, plan to pay it off early.

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Im already at 10k miles in 2 months. Super daily driver and work car :nixon:
I thought my ~15k a year was high. Jeez man. Hope the pleasure of cruising in your Si doesn't wear quickly for you.

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Si coupe is my daily driver, I've almost hit 5000KM since getting it with a couple km on the odometer on August 8th, loving the fuel mileage, costs me less in premium than the slow, boring Toyota I had with regular. Get like 6.5l/100km highway, sometimes a bit better, and around 8 to 8.5l/100km city, mixing in generally spirited driving regularly! Dying for KTuner but don't want to risk my warranty or have to drop a new clutch in this early, likely gonna try to get wheels and some cosmetic stuff for the moment, tempted to try plastidip or an autoflex aerosol on the stock wheels for the moment!

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Daily. In case anyone's wondering you can fit 3 adults and all their hockey equipment no problem!

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Daily drive to work and back(80 miles)errand runner. It is sitting right now as I much prefer the Subaru for snow/ice and to keep salt of it.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
Daily driver plus weekend trips. Something I can depend on that gets good gas mileage. 4500 miles on it since I started driving it on November 13th. About 160 miles/day to work and back and 360 miles about every other weekend to go snowmobiling in Wisconsin. Overall average of 37.2 mpg. No modding, just going to get some extra rims to put my summer tires on.

Last edited:

zachandjake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Black SI Sedan
Mine is my daily work car - business to business sales . I have about 13.5K miles since July with the company paying the majority of those with our mileage plan.

Love the car. Second Si. Traded a 17 Accord Sport SE for it. Spent years in the car business and really am a Honda guy at heart.

All stock but some visual stuff and planning on a CAI.

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought my Si about 5 months ago. It is used as a WD (weekend driver). I have a company work truck that I use as my DD. So far I have invested a good amount in aftermarket parts. Currently having a custom E40 e-tune done; car is great for spirited weekend drives. I've only had a chance to enjoy this car for about two thousand miles of driving but I'm very happy with my decision to buy the 10th gen SI. I'm not a track or street racer, I just like to have fun on the mountainous roads where I live. Thanks OP for starting this thread very interesting to see why people bought their 10th gen.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bought my Si about 5 months ago. It is used as a WD (weekend driver). I have a company work truck that I use as my DD. So far I have invested a good amount in aftermarket parts. Currently having a custom E40 e-tune done; car is great for spirited weekend drives. I've only had a chance to enjoy this car for about two thousand miles of driving but I'm very happy with my decision to buy the 10th gen SI. I'm not a track or street racer, I just like to have fun on the mountainous roads where I live. Thanks OP for starting this thread very interesting to see why people bought their 10th gen.
Do you have any details on the E40 tune? I know there are some threads on it, but I am curious about the real life application. Like you, my Civic is more for pleasure driving, and I want to keep it reliable, but also like to mod.

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any details on the E40 tune? I know there are some threads on it, but I am curious about the real life application. Like you, my Civic is more for pleasure driving, and I want to keep it reliable, but also like to mod.
Best mod's imo are flashpro/ktuner, clutch, E85 kit, custom tune. Haven't had my car on a Dyno but man the power coming out of this 1.5t is amazing. I have a Hondata flashpro with Sirimoto E85 kit and was running the 6+psi w/ethanol base map(nice gains and feel) but now I'm in the middle of a custom e-tune which is unlocking even more power. If you have an e85 pump near you and want to add more power you won't regret it. It does lower your fuel economy, by how much I'm not too sure I haven't paid close attention to that. Next time I go for a drive I could tell you what the car is saying my mpg is though. I'm a noob when it comes to tuning and wish I could tell you more, my advice is to read the threads on this subject to gain as much info as you can before making your decision.
Sponsored