What is your Si used for?

• Total voters

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I got mine strictly as a high mileage daily. I'll do a few mods along the way but nothing heavy. Maybe a light tune to enhance driving behavior. But I'm over high HP FWD.

If I'm going to build, it'll be AWD or RWD.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bobdlux

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Daily for me. Came from a Focus ST. Wanted more reliability and creature comforts and the SI is perfect for what I was looking for.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
After owning it for 5 months, I decided to buy a beater to keep the miles down on the Si.
My Si is my "beater" to keep the miles off my Ridgeline. I normally drive it to work during the week and take the Ridgeline out on the weekends.

With the frigid temperatures we've had lately, I've preferred driving the Ridgeline because it has remote start and a heated steering wheel that gets very toasty.

The Si has been hibernating in the garage the past few weeks connected to a battery maintainer.

So, it's been both a daily driver and a garage queen, but it'll never be modded or see track duty.

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
I traded a Focus ST for the '17 Si coupe. I'm very pleased with the Si over the
ST it feels very refined, handles great plus excellent mileage too.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm surprised how many traded in the ST for the Si, as much as the media stated that the Si is underpowered compared to the ST. I guess the more refined vehicle won out for the most part.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I was really turned off on the seating position and ergonomics in the ST. The Recaro seats weren't conducive to long drives either (though I've heard they get better with repeated use). It looks and drives great; but can be punishing for longer commutes. Like the WRX, its appeal has more to do with raw performance.

The GTI and Si are the most driver friendly of the bunch. Everything is intelligently placed. Shifter engagement is precise. And the chassis is tuned perfectly between daily duty and weekend scoots.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was really turned off on the seating position and ergonomics in the ST. The Recaro seats weren't conducive to long drives either (though I've heard they get better with repeated use). It looks and drives great; but can be punishing for longer commutes. Like the WRX, its appeal has more to do with raw performance.

The GTI and Si are the most driver friendly of the bunch. Everything is intelligently placed. Shifter engagement is precise. And the chassis is tuned perfectly between daily duty and weekend scoots.
Thank you for the input ST vs Si... I am still trying to decide if I want a ST, Si, or WRX. I like the WRX a lot but cant get over the missing features like apple carplay/android auto and having to spend nearly 10k more to get the limited just to have push to start keyless entry. Not to mention MPG. The ST seems to be the most well rounded tech/performance wise... but comfort and reliability is a big concern. The Si seems like such a well rounded performer at a great price 3-8k less than the other options... I will likely pull the trigger on a 18' Aegean Blue Si sedan to replace my IS300 for DD duty.

ShiftItManual

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Daily for me. 40 miles each day. It replaced my old 2005 Mazda 3S which was getting old and didn’t really have enough room for car seats. I like that the Si is more powerful, more fuel efficient, and has better rear leg room than the 3 did.

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
I had the ST with the ST2 package which had Recaro seats, Sync 3, HID's and sunroof it had raw power and the torque steer to go along with it.
I miss the Sync 3 audio and the HID headlights but for everyday driving, gas mileage, interior design, handling and seat comfort the Si was far ahead of the ST.

I test drove 2 other Si coupes before buying mine. For whatever reason my Si that I bought had a better sounding exhaust and ran stronger than the 2 Si's others I drove.
Perhaps it was sprinkled with Type R ferry dust. lol

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Daily driver, 28 miles each way, and 9,200 miles since July, which included a longish road trip. Just had the first oil change and tire rotation.

Delighted with the gas mileage, handling, and spirit. No plans to mod.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
I am a new SI owner. Just 5 days ago from this post. I love it, and always thinking of excuses to go out and drive. I own other cars, but the SI is my new pleasure for anytime use.

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm surprised how many traded in the ST for the Si, as much as the media stated that the Si is underpowered compared to the ST. I guess the more refined vehicle won out for the most part.
When deciding to buy a new car, the Focus ST was the other car I really looked at. You had to pay so much more, ST2 or ST3 package, for the same amenities as the Civic. I watched so many youtube videos and it seemed to have the extra power but everything else about it was just lacking. I mentioned this a few times but I traded in a Genesis Coupe for my Si. I wanted a car I could thoroughly enjoy. The overall driveability and total package of the Si is far beyond what the focus or GC offered in my opinion. I don't miss the extra horse power in the least. Everyone wanted the Si to have more power, but at the end of day, it's best darn econobox money can buy. They crammed a lot into the price point.

Judas KIss

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Daily for me. I'm fortunate enough to only have to drive 20 miles round trip each day for work, so ~100 miles a week allows me to keep the mileage down and wear to a minimum. Of course, I'm sure a road trip is in my car's future at some point.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Daily driver, Racecar, showcar, Research & Development, travel, dyno testing ....... yeah company cars really get used lol.
Sponsored