Si turbo on Sport HB

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone here tried to put SI turbo into sedan or coupe or hatchback ?
Will the connecting rod last? I was told the engine wont last because the rod cant handle it for long and will eventually bent..

Wonder if anyone here actually tried and I am seeking for some first hand feedback.
Thanks
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
There are some gains to be had (nothing very significant), but an Si turbo is certainly not going to equal rod damage unless you tune engine too aggressively. In my opinion, it's probably not worth the trouble unless you got the turbo for free or something. The 27Won turbo is a great value if you want to upgrade the turbo but keep it simple. If you are looking for a bit more, PRL's soon to be released kit offers some very exciting options.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have the W1 installed on several no SI Civics with no issue. Including our very own Hatchback sport.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. There was a thread a few months back of someone doing that very thing with a used turbo off an Si. You can find it by searching the forums

If you had a dead OEM turbo and could get a used Si turbo off a junker for the same amount of money as a base at a junkyard or online, it'd be a good option and offer a very modest gain, while shifting the power band slightly to the right. As an upgrade path if you already have a good base turbo... you'd be throwing money at a minimal gain with barely any more headroom for more boost than what you already have.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Will the connecting rod last? I was told the engine wont last because the rod cant handle it for long and will eventually bent..

Wonder if anyone here actually tried and I am seeking for some first hand feedback.
Thanks
It’s a direct swap and the power is noticeable. I did it to my fk7 and it’s currently running just fine. I also did add an rv6 downpipe, and a prl cobra cai at the same time. You can find the oem part numbers for the gaskets you’ll need as well as the torque specs and a few tips I encountered while doing the swap in my comment history.

Just a heads up, you will need a tune for it to safely run, so set aside an additional ~500 for that. I recommend going with Drob from imw.

If you need any additional info, feel free to reach out.

Best of luck.
Sponsored