arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I am a bit scared to fiddle with ignition timings.
BTW what is your Av. AFRs on WOT?
Average AFR during WOT around 11. Hondata +3 and +6 PSI basemp AFR during WOT was around 10 if I remember correctly. There is no direct ignition timing adjustment in Flashpro. Hondata only open access to EGR Ignition and Knock Ignition Limit tables. I only adjusted EGR Ignition lower when I see consistent partial throttle knock count that popped up with increased of KControl.
Sponsored

Lunar_fk7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Country flag
So I just booked my session at IMW for the 14th of october. So far first impressions after the swap is that I feel the car has picked up more top end power which I really enjoy. Once I go see DRob Ill be sure to share my dyno results in the thread. Based on other non si dynos I think my car was probably putting down around 220whp before the swap. This is with street maf intake 3" uppipe downpipe, intercooler and tsp stage 1. Im hoping that with the turbo I put down around 235whp. Does anyone with this swap have a dyno sheet they can share?

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
So I just booked my session at IMW for the 14th of october. So far first impressions after the swap is that I feel the car has picked up more top end power which I really enjoy. Once I go see DRob Ill be sure to share my dyno results in the thread. Based on other non si dynos I think my car was probably putting down around 220whp before the swap. This is with street maf intake 3" uppipe downpipe, intercooler and tsp stage 1. Im hoping that with the turbo I put down around 235whp. Does anyone with this swap have a dyno sheet they can share?
How much increase in boost you saw after the swap?

Lunar_fk7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Country flag
How much increase in boost you saw after the swap?
Im flying blind as I have ktuner v1 in my car and no laptop to datalog. Im going to basically baby it until after I get it tuned. Maybe I can borrow my brothers v2 to get some live data.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Im flying blind as I have ktuner v1 in my car and no laptop to datalog. Im going to basically baby it until after I get it tuned. Maybe I can borrow my brothers v2 to get some live data.
Should have logged on non-si turbo too. None the less I'm certain after trip to IMW, Derek will bring out the true potential of si turbo.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The boost shouldn’t increase at all... right? Isn’t the boost level computer controlled?
No change in boost from turbo swap. Boost should reach whatever target set in the calibration.

Honestly, I don’t notice differences from CRV/SI turbo swap. I’d need to dyno to check. If there is no difference, I plan to swap back stock turbo and use CR-V turbo for mamba TD03 kit upgrade.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
You'll have to increase your boost targets from 4500rpm to redline to notice gains from the Si turbo.
At 19-20psi the stock turbo is already efficient so the Si will not flow any better. For targets higher than 22psi after 5500rpm or so you will notice a difference no doubt :)

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You'll have to increase your boost targets from 4500rpm to redline to notice gains from the Si turbo.
At 19-20psi the stock turbo is already efficient so the Si will not flow any better. For targets higher than 22psi after 5500rpm or so you will notice a difference no doubt :)
That make sense. I don't want to go beyond 22 psi or 1.5 bar at peak torque of 5500 rpm. I'll increase boost from 4500 rpm gradually targeting 22 psi at 5500 rpm.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
That's not a bad idea for your CVT, although I'm pretty sure it should be ok to run 22 from 4500, but of course you can tune it the way you feel safe.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's not a bad idea for your CVT, although I'm pretty sure it should be ok to run 22 from 4500, but of course you can tune it the way you feel safe.
I would prefer gradual increase starting from 4000 rpm with 1.35 bar gradually go up to 1.5 bar at 5500 rpm so 1.5 bar only at 5500 rpm.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ktuner-initial-custom-tune-on-hybrid-turbo.52877/post-886879

it's on a CVT regular pump gas

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
get tunerview app connect thru bluetooth.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn that's better than the 27won turbo at least for drag racing a cvt
Just think about driving around town too. Especially if you have a full car of people, groceries, etc. You'll always be able to utilize that lowend torque. At every stoplight, you will be able to feel a difference from 1000rpm-3000rpm. All the time!

The example below is showing a 50lb-ft of torque difference at 2500rpm. Just be sure you know what you are getting into with these upgrades. People were already complaining about the CVT being to slow coming off idle, dangerous even. Cutting 50lb-ft of torque down low when facing on coming traffic ain't quite the solution to that problem. ;) I included an optimized tune on 27Won too, just so people know that lowend won't be recovered by a tune.

On the plus side for the 27Won is the better flow and more horsepower on the topend. Also, since you have less torque down low, it's less wear and tear on the CVT and connecting rods as well.

I've also included the original picture of the Non-Si vs Si turbo too, so the lowend torque can be compared. No losses on the lowend....only gains. Which is why I chose this route for the CVT.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si 27Wo

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si 27Won-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si Stock Turbo

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just one thing to mention and I'm not trying to single out Roberto here for choosing the wrong turbo for his situation. And sorry if this a bit off-topic.

When you upgrade or change anything from stock to aftermarket you always need to research the pros and cons before making a switch. There's generally an upside to going aftermarket, but there are cons.

Take the 27WON turbo. It's a great product but if you're looking to beat the stock turbo's off the line pickup, this won't do it. Or if you buy the absolute biggest, beefiest solid rear sway bar, you'll drastically reduce body roll but you may find yourself getting lift off oversteer which can be a chore. Or just blindly ordering an Injen intake because they have a famous name only to find out they sometimes create serious fuel trim issues. Or going with the widest, super low profile tires with the lowest offset wheels because it looks amazing. Only to find out it rides like crap.

Research fellas, research.
Sponsored

Last edited: