arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I've also included the original picture of the Non-Si vs Si turbo too, so the lowend torque can be compared. No losses on the lowend....only gains.

Stock Turbo.jpg
Wish we could have a bit of information behind the dyno plot to better understand the dyno plot.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Wish we could have a bit of information behind the dyno plot to better understand the dyno plot.
Well this is a snapshot of a custom tune, so just an indication of the capability delta between the two turbos. You can find good indications of Si boost targets throughout the forum

Lunar_fk7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Country flag
Should have logged on non-si turbo too. None the less I'm certain after trip to IMW, Derek will bring out the true potential of si turbo.
I wanted to do a before and after pull but IMW currently has a 5 week waiting list. I dont
The boost shouldn’t increase at all... right? Isn’t the boost level computer controlled?
I think it has the potenti
get tunerview app connect thru bluetooth.
That only work with 1.2 not the v1.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
I wanted to do a before and after pull but IMW currently has a 5 week waiting list. I dont I think it has the potenti
That only work with 1.2 not the v1.
5 weeks is too long...
Do ask Drob keeping all factors constant how much gains si turbo contributes over non-si turbo. I bet it would be hardly 5-7whp.

Reactions: Myx

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well this is a snapshot of a custom tune, so just an indication of the capability delta between the two turbos. You can find good indications of Si boost targets throughout the forum
This is exactly why I mentioned SI turbo is good for those who want to make power higher than max efficiency of stock 1.5t TD025.

The stock 1.5T maxed out at 21 psi. You can push to 22 psi with stock turbo even 23 psi like TSP tune but the turbo will generate more heat than it generates more power at peak boost. TD025 compressor map indicated this.

I wanted to buy SI turbo with the hope to get slight bump in torque across rpm range but then I noticed SI turbo swap may not give significant result but it definitely be more durable than stock 1.5T turbo if I only peak 21 psi.

So I changed my mindset. I bought SI turbo because I hated the fact Honda gave the LP version for the Civic. I swapped SI turbo so I can have the HP version of turbo & I can imagine myself driving a CVT hatchback SI. ?

I know this is ridiculous & a bad example of decision making but I somewhat happy making the decision swapping the stock turbo with CRV/SI turbo.

I'll upgrade my turbo one day with TD03 or TD03 hybrid if I feel the need for more power.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
5 weeks is too long...
Do ask Drob keeping all factors constant how much gains si turbo contributes over non-si turbo. I bet it would be hardly 5-7whp.
Perhaps you are right. I can not say for sure because I never dyno'd before and after. I will add this though. Look at my 1/4 mile times and trap speeds below. I am including my fastest 1/4 mile times with the stock turbo and TSP Beta for Non-Si. The quickest 1/4 mile times I could get were in the 13.6 range. Trap speeds were in the 103-104mph range.

When I had my Si turbo installed (With no custom tune, just the Si turbo installed and tested at the track), I was able to run similar trap speeds but my 1/4 mile times were quicker (13.4-13.5 range). I could never run in the 13.4-13.5 range before with the stock turbo. The trap speeds are similar though.

I'm saying all this just to say that your car may not feel quicker and/or faster with the swap but my experience is that it simply is faster. Pretty much posted a updates in the 1/4 mile thread as well as other posts.

Many people are only focused on peak horsepower numbers. The whole powerband is important.....down low, midrange as well as high. I don't make horsepower and torque nowhere near a Type R. However from Point A to Point B, there's no arguing that I can not only keep up with one but be quicker in some instances (minus turning, braking, etc).

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si Stock Non-Si Turbo

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si Stock Non-Si Turbo-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si Stock Si Turbo

Last edited:

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Perhaps you are right. I can not say for sure because I never dyno'd before and after. I will add this though. Look at my 1/4 mile times and trap speeds below. I am including my fastest 1/4 mile times with the stock turbo and TSP Beta for Non-Si. The quickest 1/4 mile times I could get were in the 13.6 range. Trap speeds were in the 103-104mph range.

When I had my Si turbo installed (With no custom tune, just the Si turbo installed and tested at the track), I was able to run similar trap speeds but my 1/4 mile times were quicker (13.4-13.5 range). I could never run in the 13.4-13.5 range before with the stock turbo. The trap speeds are similar though.

I'm saying all this just to say that your car may not feel quicker and/or faster with the swap but my experience is that it simply is faster. Pretty much posted a updates in the 1/4 mile thread as well as other posts.

Many people are only focused on peak horsepower numbers. The whole powerband is important.....down low, midrange as well as high. I don't make horsepower and torque nowhere near a Type R. However from Point A to Point B, there's no arguing that I could not only keep up with one but be quicker in some instances (minus turning, braking, etc).

Stock Non-Si Turbo.jpg

Stock Non-Si Turbo-2.jpg

Stock Si Turbo.jpg
I think I should also time my 1/4 mile.
I believe you have an edge with si tip over non-si tip.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Many people are only focused on peak horsepower numbers. The whole powerband is important.....down low, midrange as well as high. I don't make horsepower and torque nowhere near a Type R. However from Point A to Point B, there's no arguing that I can not only keep up with one but be quicker in some instances (minus turning, braking, etc).

Stock Non-Si Turbo.jpg

Stock Non-Si Turbo-2.jpg

Stock Si Turbo.jpg
Thanks for sharing the experience @Myx ! I don't have access to empty road big enough for 1/4 mile run and I admit I am not sensitive in identifying minor changes without numbers (dyno, 0-100, 1/4 mile time, etc.). Subjectively speaking, I don't feel the different between SI and Non-SI turbo after the swap but still happy with the swap just because it just feels right to me for Civic 1.5T to have the HP turbocharger instead of the LP version. I'm even thinking to swap conrod and piston from the CR-V but still studying if the change would affect driving experience negatively because of lower piston CR.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If only we can have someone with paddles do your same mods and dyno it so we can eliminate some variables and just see exactly what the differences are lol.

Why didn't you get the sport @Myx ???.

• Haha

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If only we can have someone with paddles do your same mods and dyno it so we can eliminate some variables and just see exactly what the differences are lol.

Why didn't you get the sport @Myx ???.
I do have paddle shifter.

If I could source SI inlet locally and copy Myx's SRI, I would have similar set up with Myx.

I will eventually dyno my car but I am not sure with timeline as COVID-19 infection rapidly increase in my city. In addition, the result may not worth the risk.

Other than SI inlet, I am on Hondata Flashpro platform and self-tune. Obviously, my tuning is inferior than DRob tuning. These (tuner and tuning platform) are really the most significant differences.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the experience @Myx ! I don't have access to empty road big enough for 1/4 mile run and I admit I am not sensitive in identifying minor changes without numbers (dyno, 0-100, 1/4 mile time, etc.). Subjectively speaking, I don't feel the different between SI and Non-SI turbo after the swap but still happy with the swap just because it just feels right to me for Civic 1.5T to have the HP turbocharger instead of the LP version. I'm even thinking to swap conrod and piston from the CR-V but still studying if the change would affect driving experience negatively because of lower piston CR.
While the CR-V pistons are definitely different than those of the civic, beware of the rods. Make sure which CR-V model the rods are coming from, cause from what I have seen in the USA and European part numbers, the rods are the same between CR-V and non-Si. Only early USDM CR-Vs have Si rods.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
I finally managed to source a CRV/Si turbo from the UK for a reasonable price!
So while I'm waiting for the super busy workshop to prepare my TD03 hybrid, I'm going to throw that Si turbo on my mule and see how it flows.
It's going to be a direct comparison on the same motor and bolt ons so stay tuned as there will be a before / after dyno plot.

Have a great Sunday!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So while I'm waiting for the super busy workshop to prepare my TD03 hybrid, I'm going to throw that Si turbo on my mule and see how it flows.
It's going to be a direct comparison on the same motor and bolt ons so stay tuned as there will be a before / after dyno plot.

Have a great Sunday!
This is exactly what this thread needs. Thanks!

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Have a great Sunday!
Thank you! Appreciate your effort for our community! Looking forward to seeing the result.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
this would be the rough estimated result for a CVT on pump gas with paddle but do take note it has a modded upgraded comp wheel though , the response is AMAZING spools really really quick much quicker than stock base turbo.
Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si 1601210462954

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si 1601210554934

Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si 1601210729022
Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si 1601210742454