r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anybody done this yet? I know the Si has a bigger turbo than the non-Si models. Wondering if it would be feasible or worth it.

Also, anybody have the part number? I'd like to see how the cost and specs compare to something like the W1 or PRL's big turbo kit. If it's affordable it might be a good middle-of-the-road upgrade between stock and those two.
Sponsored

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
I think it's able to push like 10% more air, so it might be worth between 15 to 25whp. Not that bad but not sure it would be worth it as it will still run out of juice between 5500-6000rpm.
Vit used a modified Si turbo (I think he machined the hot side) that was able to keep up until 7000rpm so this might be more worth it if you can find a turbo in a junkyard and have someone repair / modify it. Still, you may be getting close to 60% of 27Won territory in cost so ...

Reactions: Myx

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sure you can find someone selling theirs after a PRL or 27Won upgrade...
As long as you get the plastic pipe on top too (it's slightly bigger on the Si), it'd be worth it.
I would think you can get one for $4-500 depending on how the dude feels.
27Won's is $1600

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
I'm sure you can find someone selling theirs after a PRL or 27Won upgrade...
As long as you get the plastic pipe on top too (it's slightly bigger on the Si), it'd be worth it.
I would think you can get one for $4-500 depending on how the dude feels.
27Won's is $1600
I was referring to machining the turbine part and possibly servicing the rest, which would be an additional $3-500 to make this a bit more meaningful.

Take a look at this post by Vit : https://www.civicx.com/threads/vittuned-drop-in-turbo-upgrade-initial-results-sneak-peak.19516/

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Be careful, SI turbos are known to make lesser cars crumble..... ;)

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well, Vit's moved on, and every machining I've heard for our Turbo sux, and even some companies that have done it don't even return ppl's calls anymore...

Two Step Performance is offering a bored-out Turbo w/ core exchange, but again, I wouldn't waste my time with it when 27Won is way beyond that in engineering.
https://twostepperformance.com/pure...er-upgrade-program-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/
Pure is shit lol super laggy. Get W1 Turbo! Also DRob said Pure Turbo was super laggy.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am actively pursuing this route btw. I want a Si turbo for my Non-Si CVT. As well as the turbo inlet pipe. If anyone knows of anyone selling theirs for a reasonable price, I want it. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am actively pursuing this route btw. I want a Si turbo for my Non-Si CVT. As well as the turbo inlet pipe. If anyone knows of anyone selling theirs for a reasonable price, I want it. Thanks in advance!
Anxious to see your results and hear what you think when you find one!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess what this is? Read your title, then look at the graph.

This is why I have been looking for an Si turbocharger. I don't have to compromise on power because there are gains on both the lowend AND the topend. And the topend doesn't fall off like the non-Si. This is why I don't want a 27Won or PRL. They are a compromise with a larger gain up top with large losses on the bottom. I'll have gains everywhere. An no losses! No compromises! For 1/4th the price of new 27Won. :)

This is all for now. I just like to throw out teasers. :p
Honda Civic 10th gen Si turbo on non-Si Si Turbo vs Non-Si Turbo

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guess what this is? Read your title, then look at the graph.

This is why I have been looking for an Si turbocharger. I don't have to compromise on power because there are gains on both the lowend AND the topend. And the topend doesn't fall off like the non-Si. This is why I don't want a 27Won or PRL. They are a compromise with a larger gain up top with large losses on the bottom. I'll have gains everywhere. An no losses! No compromises! For 1/4th the price of new 27Won. :)

This is all for now. I just like to throw out teasers. :p
Si Turbo vs Non-Si Turbo.jpg
:eek:

That's a pretty significant gain. And it still looks like it dampens low end torque below 3k (this is important to me), albeit not nearly as much as the 27Won or PRL. I like what I'm seeing.

Anxious to see what you're cooking up, my dude...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but might it behoove you to get the somewhat sturdier Si rods as well?

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but might it behoove you to get the somewhat sturdier Si rods as well?
Personally, that was my plan down the road. I want to do turbo, rods, and pistons together.

However, I'm hoping that the larger turbine and housing would dampen the load on the low-end, give a smoother power curve, and be more efficient/productive with comparatively lower psi of boost. By that logic, upgrading internals may not be necessary, but I still would like to do it for peace of mind.
Sponsored