Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, does anyone know if there is any aftermarket sub that can be used as a drop in replacement for the stock one? or is OEM the only no-fuss replacement option?

I found out where Viper becomes too stronk for the stock sub lol
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
You can view the thread here, it requires some work and cutting of the OEM sub and bracket but it’s doable. I did this exact thing on my car and it sounds amazing.

OP
OP
Neddih

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Awesome thanks guys.

iShift_6

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I fabricated a bracket for a Rockford Fosgate 2ohm sub and it works well enough.
However, in the coupe at least, keeping the rear deck plastic from vibrating is driving me nuts.
On the verge of buying a self powered one, putting it in the trunk and being done with it.

@Conika any tips on how you were to keep the deck vibration to a minimum.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I fabricated a bracket for a Rockford Fosgate 2ohm sub and it works well enough.
However, in the coupe at least, keeping the rear deck plastic from vibrating is driving me nuts.
On the verge of buying a self powered one, putting it in the trunk and being done with it.

Stuffing foam into every gap in the split sheet metal design of the rear deck

Putting foil butyl sound deadener on the rear deck and the underside of the plastic cover

Lining the base of the C-pillar covers with felt tape where they rub the plastic rear deck cover

Adding felt tape to every single contact point of the plastic rear deck cover to sheet metal

Sealing as many holes as possible in the sheet metal with foil butyl covered with closed cell foam deadeners.

I still have no vibration from my rear deck after a year of "bumping" the bass as well as the sub and factory amp can.

In my thread that he linked, I show some photos of what I had done.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Don't bother doing this it sounds terrible. I tried it with a couple different subs. Even if you can keep the rear deck from vibrating and rattling it won't produce much bass.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does it put some stank on the bass or is it subtle?
It's rated up to 200w RMS at 2ohms, so it's not crazy powerful nor that weak, but it is only 2.6" deep and freq response only goes down to 75 Hz, so don't expect it to hit that hard.

I have the gain switch wired up to my dash and keep it pretty low, like 15-20% of max, and it adds just enough clean bass for me!

Last edited:

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
It's rated up to 200w RMS at 4ohms, so it's not crazy powerful nor that weak, but it is only 2.6" deep and freq response only goes down to 75 Hz, so don't expect it to hit that hard.

I have the gain switch wired up to my dash and keep it pretty low, like 15-20% of max, and it adds just enough clean bass for me!
Really digging the low-profile design and even if it's just a little noticeable at 15%, that's a win for me. How difficult was the install?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Really digging the low-profile design and even if it's just a little noticeable at 15%, that's a win for me. How difficult was the install?
Yup, the low-profile design is what sold me on it! And it fits so perfectly under this seat. I saw another member with the same model 2 years ago.

Install is pretty straightforward. I'd recommend using the front door speakers as the input signal and you can tap into both fronts right at the factory amp under the glovebox area.

These newer amps don't have a remote power wire anymore like the ones from back in the day - the amp autopowers on from the input signal - so that's 1 less wire to run.

I did run the optional gain switch wiring to my dash like so:

Honda Civic 10th gen SI subwoofer drop-in replacement? 20201014_200633

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Yup, the low-profile design is what sold me on it! And it fits so perfectly under this seat. I saw another member with the same model 2 years ago.

Install is pretty straightforward. I'd recommend using the front door speakers as the input signal and you can tap into both fronts right at the factory amp under the glovebox area.

These newer amps don't have a remote power wire anymore like the ones from back in the day - the amp autopowers on from the input signal - so that's 1 less wire to run.

I did run the optional gain switch wiring to my dash like so:

20201014_200633.jpg
Much wow! I'll definitely be pulling the trigger on one of those very soon.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag

I bought a roll of 2 inch thick foam and cut holes around the speaker locations then laid it between the metal and the plastic back trim before I put it back together. Then I used sound deadening on the metal inside the trunk. It still rattles a little on HEAVY bass hits with large 808 like some linkin park songs, or some hip hop music, but not at all on regular music. Check out my pics here.
Sponsored