Si Sighting & Dealer Lot Photo Thread

Bonestock91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Fit
Si delivered last night to Honda thousand oaks. Long story short the sales lady texted me at 830 am and told me to come in, do I did and I saw it in person and sat in the surprisingly nice seat ( I was the first person to sit in the car AND be at the dealership today). Then she proceeded to say they aren't doing test drives unless the buyer is serious/ they want to keep the miles low/ they won't let a person drive it unless they know stick. Needless to say I "*politely* told her to GTFO
Honda Civic 10th gen Si Sighting & Dealer Lot Photo Thread 4819_1496686408822
Honda Civic 10th gen Si Sighting & Dealer Lot Photo Thread 4822_1496686412338

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Wrangler, '03 Civic, '06 Mustang, '15 F150
Si delivered last night to Honda thousand oaks. Long story short the sales lady texted me at 830 am and told me to come in, do I did and I saw it in person and sat in the surprisingly nice seat ( I was the first person to sit in the car AND be at the dealership today). Then she proceeded to say they aren't doing test drives unless the buyer is serious/ they want to keep the miles low/ they won't let a person drive it unless they know stick. Needless to say I "*politely* told her to GTFO
4819_1496686408822.jpeg
4822_1496686412338.jpeg
Are you not interested in buying a SI? And not know how to drive a manual?

Bonestock91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Fit
Are you not interested in buying a SI? And not know how to drive a manual?
According to her, I'm a total moron apparently. She texted me as soon as I left the lot asking if I wanted to drive it. I've only been interested in the si since announcement and been drivng stick since my first car.

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
4819_1496686408822.jpeg
4822_1496686412338.jpeg
Why would you tell her to GTFO?...I can't blame them for having that policy

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Then she proceeded to say they aren't doing test drives unless the buyer is serious/ they want to keep the miles low/ they won't let a person drive it unless they know stick.
I was told the same only difference was I saw it two days in a row and the second day they called checking if I was still interested where I said "I'm not singing anything until I take it on the road." The rep had to check with her manager and called me back within 30 seconds (telling me this was decided beforehand). I had also worked with the same sales rep a few months ago looking at a sport hatch. The real kicker was she didn't know how to drive stick.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
4819_1496686408822.jpeg
4822_1496686412338.jpeg
Once again, who's going to get the closes to backing up and hit another car :fear:

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Wrangler, '03 Civic, '06 Mustang, '15 F150
According to her, I'm a total moron apparently. She texted me as soon as I left the lot asking if I wanted to drive it. I've only been interested in the si since announcement and been drivng stick since my first car.
Well if you really want it I'd go in there and asks for someone else.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
What's the best way to get one fresh off the truck?? Is it just a luck thing? I wanna be the only one to break in my SI, lol
Juts tell the dealer exactly what you want, should be easy enough to work that out (provided the dealer is sane/reasonable and not one of those greedy bastards from the "naughty list" thread who immediately add a bunch of stuff to the cars and only sell those "packages".)

OP
OP
Tonezorz

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
You should considering she never asked me if I knew how to drive stick.
Sounds to me like you way overreacted. By saying we won't let anyone drive who isn't comfortable with a manual transmission IS asking you if you know how, and stating their policy at the same time.

Bonestock91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Fit
Sounds to me like you way overreacted. By saying we won't let anyone drive who isn't comfortable with a manual transmission IS asking you if you know how, and stating their policy at the same time.
There are better ways to talk to a customer who had full intentions of walking out with that si today. Either way. Still a good looking car maybe my nerves will calm enough to go for that drive
Sponsored