CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Damn that's what I want, but a long drive from FL. That and I still have to finalize my buyback. Really hope Chrysler doesn't drag their asses on this.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Damn that's what I want, but a long drive from FL. That and I still have to finalize my buyback. Really hope Chrysler doesn't drag their asses on this.
I'm curious about this buyback on your 2016 200. Is this an isolated case or something more widespread? I've been unable to find anything specific that says anything about a buyback on this model. I've never been a fan of Chrysler, but I thought the 200 was very good effort (at least in terms of style and features) when it came out.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
I'm curious about this buyback on your 2016 200. Is this an isolated case or something more widespread? I've been unable to find anything specific that says anything about a buyback on this model. I've never been a fan of Chrysler, but I thought the 200 was very good effort (at least in terms of style and features) when it came out.
I filed a lemon law claim because its been in the shop 4 times for the same issue, I get a bunch of warning lights and then I lose every gear other than 4th(out of 9). I am not sure if its widespread, I could only find one person online that reported a similar issue. Chrysler already had their final repair attempt and its still doing it. It only pops up like once a month and never sticks around through a restart so its next to impossible to get to a dealer while it happens. The 1st time it happened I got to a dealer but they were like we cant get it in until next week but you can drive it.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
I filed a lemon law claim because its been in the shop 4 times for the same issue, I get a bunch of warning lights and then I lose every gear other than 4th(out of 9). I am not sure if its widespread, I could only find one person online that reported a similar issue. Chrysler already had their final repair attempt and its still doing it. It only pops up like once a month and never sticks around through a restart so its next to impossible to get to a dealer while it happens. The 1st time it happened I got to a dealer but they were like we cant get it in until next week but you can drive it.
I had a customer that had the same issue with hers. She would be driving and it randomly would get stuck in a gear while she was driving. Sounded like she had to keep taking it back to her dealer as well.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
I am FINALLY on the sheet!! Tried to search for further information, but didn't have much luck. What kind of timeline should I expect? No VIN, so I'm thinking at least 1-2 months out. Does anyone know a typical time from getting onto the sheet to getting a VIN? Also, any other information I can obtain from this sheet?

Regardless, I'm finally at ease knowing my days are numbered.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Sighting & Dealer Lot Photo Thread FullSizeRender

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Our dealer finally got another one in. I bought the first one a month ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Sighting & Dealer Lot Photo Thread 19398991_1234842903309080_5303521119409887529_n

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anyone is looking for a blue sedan near Northeast Texas (or Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana), Jack O' Diamonds Honda in Tyler has had one sitting on their lot since June 2 - over three weeks as of this post. If interested, send me a private message and I'll get you in contact with them.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I bought my Ridgeline there below MSRP days after they went on sale while others were paying at or above MSRP. They loaned me a brand new CR-V to drive while a previous Ridgeline (that I did not purchase there) was waiting for parts during the Takata airbag recall. The GM of this dealership lives down the road from me and drives by my house every day. What's in it for you? A fair deal because the GM knows I'll run my mouth all over social media - I can take away more business than I've given him. What's in it for me? Possibly a $100 bird dog fee and saving a lonely Si that is begging for an owner.

18879971_10207221732100587_2329928916289745665_o.jpg
Following an email exchange with the GM at JOD Honda yesterday, I think they're getting antsy to move this thing. It's been there almost a month now and we're at the end of the month. He mentioned they'd "discount the Si within reason" to move it.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am FINALLY on the sheet!! Tried to search for further information, but didn't have much luck. What kind of timeline should I expect? No VIN, so I'm thinking at least 1-2 months out. Does anyone know a typical time from getting onto the sheet to getting a VIN? Also, any other information I can obtain from this sheet?

Regardless, I'm finally at ease knowing my days are numbered.

FullSizeRender.jpg
wow this made me realize that I would still be waiting right now too if I had not driven out of state to get mine... I am feeling your pain my friend :(

I checked for fun Honda's website to track the Si's that were coming here. The dealer where I was going to buy the White sedan, is still not even in transit (not sure it even exists still!). Another Black and Silver, but no White. Have you tried searching within 150 miles for a white in your area? If you do wait, I hope you get an amazing deal because it seems like Honda is starting to pump these Si's out fast.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wow this made me realize that I would still be waiting right now too if I had not driven out of state to get mine... I am feeling your pain my friend :(

I checked for fun Honda's website to track the Si's that were coming here. The dealer where I was going to buy the White sedan, is still not even in transit (not sure it even exists still!). Another Black and Silver, but no White. Have you tried searching within 150 miles for a white in your area? If you do wait, I hope you get an amazing deal because it seems like Honda is starting to pump these Si's out fast.
Thanks for the condolences. I've been extremely patient, but for good reason. I've only had two cars in my life and the last, my current, I've owned for over 10 years now. Yes, I definitely 100% want this car, but I do have some doubts. I know I can afford it, but it's more of a 'what if' kind of scenario and if I would regret it, as far as finances go. So I can certainly wait a little bit longer. Also my neighborhood isn't that great so I'm also curious about how that might come in to play. I've had no problems with my current modded car with all it's goodies, but people probably don't think much of it in comparison to a new car.

I've tried searching within a drivable distance and haven't had much luck. Only two dealers in that distance had a white one allocated. I informed my dealer of these two and claimed that both were sold (me mentioning with the intention of a possible dealer trade.)

To be honest, I'm being too soft overall. I'm the kind of person that would feel pretty bad dragging a salesman along this whole time and giving deposit just to drop them at the last second for a stranger. I've gotten to know my salesman pretty well and he's just as in to cars as much as I am. Same friend circle. I went with this salesman because he was referred to me from a friend within this circle and I would much rather do that than try to build a relationship with someone that I don't know at all. This dealer is actually about an hour from my city. If I had gone with the dealer in my town, I would have had their white allocation already. I certainly be pushing for below MSRP, but I'm kind of a push over and I also have no experience haggling for a car.

I've heard that if a dealer is allocated a vehicle in IN and marks it as sold, then it won't show up for other dealers. I wonder if this translates to Honda's inventory check website. If so, then I would think that mine wouldn't show as being available if it was marked as sold. I've noticed Honda's site gets updated every Monday. My dealer is supposed to have two blacks in transit and currently does have one blue sedan on the lot.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Also my neighborhood isn't that great so I'm also curious about how that might come in to play.
This car is definitely on the "flashy" side. The rims are very appealing and I worry a lot about someone stealing them.

You're from Indiana? Are you near a dealership Terry Les Honda? I see they have a white sedan.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
This car is definitely on the "flashy" side. The rims are very appealing and I worry a lot about someone stealing them.

You're from Indiana? Are you near a dealership Terry Les Honda? I see they have a white sedan.
Wheel locks, get a good set not the cheap autozone ones.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Eastern Nebraska

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Following an email exchange with the GM at JOD Honda yesterday, I think they're getting antsy to move this thing. It's been there almost a month now and we're at the end of the month. He mentioned they'd "discount the Si within reason" to move it.
Jack O' Diamonds Honda in Tyler, Texas still has the original blue sedan they got over a month ago on their lot (!) and now they have two more - a gray coupe and a black sedan. There's just been no interest. Given how long it's been on the lot and considering the negative social media attention they received regarding the sale of their first Type R last week, I bet a person could "steal" this Si. :eek:

The next-closest dealer sold their first two Si weeks ago despite adding $3,490 to the MSRP of each and their first Type R immediately to a buyer 4 hours away. :confused:

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Jack O' Diamonds Honda in Tyler, Texas still has the original blue sedan they got over a month ago on their lot (!) and now they have two more - a gray coupe and a black sedan. There's just been no interest. Given how long it's been on the lot and considering the negative social media attention they received regarding the sale of their first Type R last week, I bet a person could "steal" this Si. :eek:

The next-closest dealer sold their first two Si weeks ago despite adding $3,490 to the MSRP of each and their first Type R immediately to a buyer 4 hours away. :confused:
My local dealer still has their Grey Coupe and White Sedan from about a month ago. They have a Black sedan now plus 2 other ones on the way.
Sponsored