Si Shifter Feel vs Type R shifter feel

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
More than a few times my shifter had gotten stuck . Only while stationary but wierd . Never happened in any other car I've had.
3rd gear sometimes is crunchy.

Overall I think it's good . My 9th gen never had any of the weirdness this one sometimes has tho
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered my R shifter from majestic Honda as they were the cheapest. It shipped and should be here Saturday.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’ve read everything on this forum and no one is able to completely get rid of that crunchy feel it seems.

I have the Sirimoto short shift adapter and all the Acuity bushings and it still crunches.

Another user removed the CDV and installed a new SS clutch line and it did not help the crunch. So far the only thing that seems to fix this issue may be changing the transmission fluid to GM Synchromesh Friction Modified. This seems to be the most common thing honda users switch when they feel the crunch.

I’ve heard though it may not be good to use synchromesh fluid in a honda?? I’m definitely wanting to try this but want to make sure it is safe for me to put Synchromesh fluid in the SI.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered my Type R shifter base from hondapartscheap.com, and their ETA for getting some in is 4/13. I'm not in a rush so I told them to keep my order and I will wait - hopefully that ETA doesn't change.

Also, I recently installed the @ACUITY shifter bushings, centering spring, and shifter base bushings and overall it did increase the firmness of shifts and I do feel it reduced the "crunchiness" of the stock shifter (more precise also).

Keep in mind that I never felt too bothered by the stock "crunchiness" and I was just shooting for improved driving feel which I do feel was accomplished. I look forward to seeing how the Type R shifter will feel with the Acuity's upgrades :thumbsup:
My goal is to do the Type R shifter and all the Acuity upgrades at the same time. Don’t want to tear apart the center console more than once, if I don’t have to.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My goal is to do the Type R shifter and all the Acuity upgrades at the same time. Don’t want to tear apart the center console more than once, if I don’t have to.
I'm doing the R shifter, Acuity bushings and climate control swap all at the same time.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Guys, I'm installing the Acuity bushings and I'm all the way at the point where I need to remove the three wiring harness clips surrounding the shifter to lift the entire Central console out. I can't figure out how to get the bottom two clips off and I only have a couple hours of light left. Throwing up the bat signal. Please help.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, I'm installing the Acuity bushings and I'm all the way at the point where I need to remove the three wiring harness clips surrounding the shifter to lift the entire Central console out. I can't figure out how to get the bottom two clips off and I only have a couple hours of light left. Throwing up the bat signal. Please help.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have that video up right now. Unfortunately he doesn't actually show how he disconnects it. I can't see how he does it, and my hands are completely shredded from trying to force it

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nevermind, I gave up guys. Clearly I'm not cut out for this DIY stuff if I can't figure out how to get a plastic tab open.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Dude
Nevermind, I gave up guys. Clearly I'm not cut out for this DIY stuff if I can't figure out how to get a plastic tab open.
Dude Go to the acuity bushing install video. Pro car studio made a video for them. Look it up on YouTube or the acuity sponsor thread

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude

Dude Go to the acuity bushing install video. Pro car studio made a video for them. Look it up on YouTube or the acuity sponsor thread
Yep, followed that video to the letter. It was extremely helpful, except with this. For this part, they just circled the three harness mounts and said "remove these". Not helpful lol.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Yep, followed that video to the letter. It was extremely helpful, except with this. For this part, they just circled the three harness mounts and said "remove these". Not helpful lol.
get a needle nose pliers and pry them out, just takes a little bit of wiggling, try to grab then by the base of the tabs. Pull left and right repeatedly and it'll eventually come out, they are just tabs with teeth. Take your time so you don't break the tab. And even if you do, not a big deal, they are there to maintain the position of the wires

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hope you got this figured out, I used a clip puller tool in order to pry them out. Just went about it slowly and they all came out pretty easily, the tabs bent a little but I bent em back and they clipped back on without a problem even though most people left em off in there videos.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hope you got this figured out, I used a clip puller tool in order to pry them out. Just went about it slowly and they all came out pretty easily, the tabs bent a little but I bent em back and they clipped back on without a problem even though most people left em off in there videos.
Thanks. Bought a set of pick tools and will likely give this another go the next warm weekend that we get. If I can't get it next time, I will likely just snap the clips off and then zip-tie the bundles back to the plastic mounts when I'm done. There will not be a third disassembly. :banghead:
Sponsored