Si Sedan: Invidia R400 Triple Exhaust vs MAPerformance Street/Race Exhaust

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Want some opinions for those who have tried both or those who currently own one of the three options. I apologize if a comparison has already been done and is covered.

I'm finally in a good position and making the jump to purchase an exhaust. I've been researching videos and installations for weeks and can't exactly make up my mind. I know sound level is subjective but trying to get a general idea from other users.

I'm keeping my DP/FP stock for the foreseeable future, probably will not do anything further than a catback, for those wondering.

I've listened to the Invidia R400, and I do like it but I'm almost worried it'll be a bit too quiet for my taste, unless videos don't do it justice. I can get this one for about $1,150 from the states after exchange rate, plus taxes if i get nailed at the border for it, which I probably will.
MAPerformance exhausts, I really like the quad tip, and I like both the street and race versions. Both of these I can get locally in Canada, $1,040 plus taxes for the race and $1,180 for the street.

Now, my main concern with MAPerformance exhausts is clearance. I have A LOT of potholes and speed bumps I go over daily, unintentionally. I'm worried I'll rip my exhaust off or damage it beyond repair. I've read about people adjusting it, but heard that in return that the tips will touch the bumper and the resonator will rub on the heat shield and I'm not a fan of those options. I'm leaning towards the race version over street to introduce more clearance, but I guess the question is will it make that much of a difference in terms of clearance, and is the race version obnoxiously loud to the point where it would annoy my neighbours if I went down that road? I sometimes have to awake up at 5 am to go to work, don't want to wake everyone haha.

I guess another question about the Invidia R400...how is the clearance of it? Is it better than the MAPerformance exhaust?

If anybody has any good input to these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Looking to order soon! And sorry for all the scattered questions.
Sponsored