das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Why did you quote me? Your statement has nothing to do with mine. I was talking about the insane number of options BMW group vehicles have.
The Si seats are actually very nice in all aspecsts!
Sponsored

sdj544

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I could use a just a bit more lumbar support. But I usually have it at max on any car that has it.
These are definitely the most comfortable I’ve sat in without lumbar though. Love the way they hold you in around turns. At first felt a little too much like hugging you, but now that I’ve gotten used to them they’re great.
I may still add an aftermarket lumbar insert or just get a small pillow one.
Hope the fabric holds up well.

The burlap sacks they use for the armrests are another story...

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
Yea it may be one thing if you're comparing to a previous gen economy car but I'm coming from a Camaro 2SS which is in a higher class than a Honda Civic which the Camaro had outstanding seats (especially the leather ones) with bolstering that wasn't overly aggressive. To be fair, my drivers side seat in my Civic could of been manufactured out of tolerance because my passenger side seat didn't feel nearly as tight or bad but I modified both seats anyway and after my modification I do admit that they are very nice and I could drive forever in them now. But beforehand, I would feel discomfort in my sides for at least an hour after getting out of the car and was always trying to re-position myself to get comfortable while driving. If I couldn't have fixed them to get rid of the discomfort, I would of 100% got rid of the car for something else.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I noticed with the seat all the way to the floor, you still hit your head on the liner with a helmet.
If you recline your backrest to drop your head a little, your wrists don't call over the steering wheel and the instructor yells at you.

Otherwise, very comfortable seats :)

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
if someone is not happy with their Si seats, I will be more that happy to switch my driver's and front passenger's EX-L "leather" seats with you :)

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
if someone is not happy with their Si seats, I will be more that happy to switch my driver's and front passenger's EX-L "leather" seats with you :)
We have an EX-L with leather...and the Si seats are waaaaaaaaaaay better, IMO.

Eldorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs, with a big ass and thighs, and I love the seats. When I first sat down in the seat, I thought the bolstering on the love handles was a bit aggressive, but I've both gotten used to it and lost a bit of weight since then. The seat from my old RX-8 was too aggressive on my ass, especially with a wallet in the rear pocket, but the Si doesn't have that issue. Overall I'd say my seating position is very comfortable, tho I've yet to do a multi hour road trip. I'd driven my RX-8 from PA to MO and back a few times, and I wouldn't classify it as a comfortable long distance seat.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
The bolstering killed me on long trips. I had to modify them to spread out the bolstering a bit and fill the hole you sit in and now they're perfectly comfortable. BTW, I'm not fat, I'm only a 33" waste.
I'm curious... can you post pictures of your seat mods, or at least describe how you modified them?

I don't know, I'm in no way "slim" (210lbs and 5'10") and I love the seats and the bolstering is perfect.
I think it is really ymmv like you said.
Same here, only more "Festively Plump" (hey, it's the holidays, so why not?) than you... I'm 5'9" and 230 lbs. (I'm working hard on that; gotta fit into a tux by December 31st). I was very, very surprised that the bolstering didn't kill my legs because I'm way, way too wide to actually fit between them. The longest I've been in the car so far has been a 2-hour round trip and was surprisingly NOT fatigued Very pleased. Just wish it had a mechanical seat memory (takes me forever to find the proper seat-back position) and lumbar support would be nice.

Ex-wife had a 2007 Mini Cooper S.... and that car, besides being a POS, had THE WORST seats around. No support AT ALL - it felt like there was almost no padding in the actual seat bottom at all. The bolsters were awful and caused my legs to hurt even on a short trip. And I was thinner back then too.

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
I'm curious... can you post pictures of your seat mods, or at least describe how you modified them?
I didn't take pics because I wasn't expecting to be able to fix my problem without taking the seats out and cutting the foam and I was merely testing something out and it happened to work but it was as easy as unzipping and opening the seat cover of the seat back, pushing the seat foam of the seat back out away from the metal frame (especially the bolsters), and folding three bath towels about the size of the seat back frame and stuffing them between the frame and seat foam (I added one towel at a time because it's a tight fit) and zip the cover back up and done. I might of spread the bolsters more from the front of the seat before zipping up the covers but you should notice that the bolsters now point more on an angle instead of straight forward digging into your side. I did all this while sitting in the back seat with the seats all the way forward for room to work and it didn't take long at all. I can now say that the seats went from torture chairs to some of the most comfortable seats I've sat in.

Last edited:

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
102miles of beautiful 91 freeway ;) I enjoy my commute though.

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the seats. The bolsters are nice and comfy without being too aggressively restrictive (I'm a 5'9" 200 lb guy). With the warmers on its an odd feeling between a warm hug and I just shit my self. One complaint however, is that it could use a bit more lumbar support for the really long trips.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
I love the seats. The bolsters are nice and comfy without being too aggressively restrictive (I'm a 5'9" 200 lb guy). With the warmers on its an odd feeling between a warm hug and I just shit my self. One complaint however, is that it could use a bit more lumbar support for the really long trips.
Without revealing my roundness, I agree with all of this. My biggest gripe is lack of lumbar support. My 6MT Accord Sport sedan had mediocre power lumbar support, but still better than nothing. Really unacceptable for the Si, I wouldn’t even mind a manual lever that pumped an air cushion.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I think the seats are Ok, but the seating position is weird. I can't ever seem to find a good position, I never had that issue on my 2015 Si. I actually prefer to drive my 17 year old celica most of the time because of it.
Sponsored